Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReadPlease 2002 - reading software

The WebAttack.com FREE download-of-the-week
    This week’s FREE download from http://www.webattack.com is called “ReadPlease” which is a text-to-speech reader that sounds better than the old programs that had
    robotic and monotonous voices. It can read virtually anything on the screen to you including web pages and e-mail messages. Get it at:http://www.webattack.com/get/readplease.shtml

voice demos

This is exactly what I wished that I could find a dozen years ago when my mother lost her ability to speak clearly after some mini-strokes. (It would have been hard to get her on the computer, but losing her ability to speak was SO devastating to her that I think she finally would have given it a try.) I'm sure there are other practical uses for this software, but if anyone knows any aphasic patients -- this could really help. The software suggests its use for proofreading (we hear errors that spellcheckers don't catch), helping kids learn, listening to your e-mail, etc.

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 10-05-2002, 07:31 PM.

CJ,

I'm sorry you had to go through a time like that. It's not an uncommon thing, and I think a program like that would be a real lift to people with a disability like that. Thanks for posting the link.

Ed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• nebgranny
      Software Scam
      by nebgranny
      Morning :
      My friend has a problem with a screen which came up on her computer last evening. It has taken over as her home page which she can still get to via her favorites. It keeps intruding and comes up with a message telling her that her computer has been compromised and she has a virus. It...
      11-03-2008, 01:51 AM
    • DannyRaphael
      Kid chess teaching software?
      by DannyRaphael
      Much to my amazement when I picked up my daughter from school the other day she was engaged in a chess game with another student.

Though I played a little chess when I was much, much younger and understand the basic moves for each piece, "teaching her" to play well just isn't...
      06-30-2003, 01:06 PM
    • chrishoggy
      Free software
      by chrishoggy
      Serif do all older versions of all their graphics, 3D, photo editing and webpage design software for free. Their software is quite good, easy to use and is what I started up with years ago (Photo Plus). It may only be basic, but for those starting to learn, it's a good free source of software to learn...
      12-20-2005, 10:21 AM
    • Morph
      Morphing Software
      by Morph
      Not sure where to go to ask this so am starting here. I am interested in doing a morph from one image to another. on web search, i found "Fantamorph".

Does anyone have any feedback about Fantamorph? Or, are there other software programs available for this?

01-22-2009, 05:33 PM
    • Doug Nelson
      Ads in commercial software
      by Doug Nelson
      I'd like to get some opinions. I recently installed a commercial software app (not shareware) that periodically (a couple of times a week or more) will pop up a window within its workspace promoting other things to buy from that same vendor. It's not big, probably only about 10% of the workspace, and...
      Ads don't bother me.
      2.22%
      Ads bother me, but I'd still use the software.
      22.22%
      Ads bother me a lot, and I'd use the software less, or buy an alternative.
      75.56%
      I like ads. They provide valuable information.
      0.00%
      06-22-2005, 01:37 AM
    Working...
    X