Description Swan Dive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Description Swan Dive?

Is it just me or has there been a noticeable decline in the weight and quality of the descriptions handed in on submissions? I realise sometimes not many steps outside of cloning are carried out, but I miss and thought invaluable the detailed descriptions that used to accompany peoples work.

Just wondered if others had any thoughts contrary or similiar.

I'm one of the guilty one's Mike and I know what you mean. I have learned much from reading many of the descriptions. But when it comes to my own I'm lacking. Sometimes it's because I start something and by the time I get back to it I've forgotten what I did. Other times I do so much I don't even know where I am. But I am trying to be more conscientious. I am keeping notes as I go along, especially on some of the harder ones. I am beginning to appreciate, more and more, just what style and technique can do for all of us.
    Debbie

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• klassylady25
      Beginner woes...
      by klassylady25
      I've been on here for some time and the more I watch the more discouraged I become. Mind you that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop trying but everytime I see your pictures come out so well, and you talk about this techique or use of that tool, I think that I may never come to a place of excellence....
      02-25-2006, 01:31 PM
    • paulette conlan
      Discussion: Approaching a photo-art project
      by paulette conlan
      Hi Everyone,
      I've been following this thread every chance that I get and it's been awsome. I never know what to try next. What I usually do is print out a particular technique that interests me so that I can try it the next time I'm in PS. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to list all...
      06-29-2002, 06:26 PM
    • skoobey
      Experimenting? Client vs. Personal work
      by skoobey
      So, as it happens, I think I am making progress with my retouching, but...

I would like to experiment more, try to achieve certain looks. The thing is, I am still too slow, and even with my slow workflow, I am still not what I would consider "good".

I have a lot...
      07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
    • Ed_L
      What's your skill level? (the new one)
      by Ed_L
      Since we've had a large increase in membership, I thought it might be good to post something like this again. Since the last one was posted, some of us have become more familiar with Photoshop, etc. When I first came on the site, I was definitely a beginner. Now I'm probably up to the intermediate category...
      Beginner (still learning the basics)
      8.65%
      Beginner/Intermediate
      20.19%
      Intermediate (learning advanced techniques)
      22.12%
      Intermediate/Advanced
      24.04%
      Advanced (knows most advanced techniques)
      18.27%
      Expert (understands how and why everything works)
      6.73%
      07-30-2002, 02:22 AM
    • kathleen
      PS6 vs. older versions
      by kathleen
      hey dj

have you had ps6 long enough now to report on your impressions and specifically the pluses and minuses over the earlier version you had? what was hard to learn/get used to? You using it exclusively now? inquiring minds need to know . . .
      12-27-2001, 08:04 AM
    Working...
    X