"White Christmas" - Santa/Reindeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "White Christmas" - Santa/Reindeer

Our annual visit from Santa and his singing reindeer with their great rendition of "White Christmas" (via the Drifter's voices) usually involves a search since it has been posted on different websites each year. It's now on YouTube and hopefully will stay there permanently. This should make it easier for people to watch it also.

And for those of us who still love the Oldies but forever Goodies, here's "White Christmas" in the best seller version by Bing Crosby.

While we're at it, let's add the meeting of the old and (then) new - with Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing
    Little Drummer Boy or Peace On Earth
    Last edited by CJ Swartz; 12-24-2011, 10:28 AM.

Re: "White Christmas" - Santa/Reindeer

I remember seeing the Bing/Bowie duet on TV as a kid CJ and it's still on of my favorite versions of Little Drummer Boy which, by the way, is my favorite Christmas song. Dad even got me one of those stretched rubber tom toms as a child since I liked the song (and the claymation cartoon; lol) so much. Thanks for the link to it CJ.

Comment

Originally posted by lkroll View Post
      I remember seeing the Bing/Bowie duet on TV as a kid CJ and it's still on of my favorite versions of Little Drummer Boy which, by the way, is my favorite Christmas song. Dad even got me one of those stretched rubber tom toms as a child since I liked the song (and the claymation cartoon; lol) so much. Thanks for the link to it CJ.
      That's cool, Lyle!! I was already a young adult when I saw this performance on TV, and I fell in love with the rendition. "Little Drummer Boy" was the first NEW Christmas song that I added to my list of favorites, and it has stayed there since. Glad someone else enjoys and appreciates the music.

Comment

Originally posted by lkroll View Post
        I remember seeing the Bing/Bowie duet on TV as a kid CJ and it's still on of my favorite versions of Little Drummer Boy which, by the way, is my favorite Christmas song.

Snap mine too, as well as "little donkey"

and favorite hymn has to be silent night brings tears to my eyes every time !

Comment

Originally posted by palms View Post
          Snap mine too, as well as "little donkey"

and favorite hymn has to be silent night brings tears to my eyes every time !
          Palms - haven't ever heard "Little Donkey" before - thanks for the link. "Silent Night" is beautiful, and always a part of our Christmas also.

Some years ago at Christmas time, I heard a song (compilation) on the radio and had no idea who the singers were. At first it only caught my attention, but after hearing it several times, I became a big fan. It took me quite a while to find out who sang it (dj's don't name all the songs they play at Christmas). I own a copy, but was glad to find a video on YouTube of it also -- Mary's Boy Child / Oh My Lord - Boney M

Comment

those are all classics, CJ. i remember watching the original "White Christmas" on tv years ago with Bing. he was always one of my favorite singers. and the road shows... also classics

i'd never heard that either, palms. is it a brit song more or less?

Comment

Christmas will be here in less than a week, so it's time for Santa and the singing reindeer again - thanks to Youtube they are available without having to search the internet for their location.

Comment

Working...
              X