Virtual Cat -- need a purr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Cat -- need a purr?

A while back, an RP poll showed that most of have cats. Is yours cuddled on your lap right now, or zonked out asleep somewhere in another cozy spot? If yours isn't available, click below and visit an ever-awake little beauty that will paw your mouse, purr, and meow if you hit the right targets. And those BIG eyes! They'll even change pupil size

Need a cat break?

These must take a bit of work -- anyone here doing these Flash animations?
    Last edited by CJ Swartz; 02-17-2007, 11:26 PM. Reason: updated link to flash animation

All I can get is a bunch of gibberish. Do I need a download of some type?

Ed

Comment

that's funny CJ. I do flash animations, but nothing like that!! wow, that must've taken a ton of work (all that drawing, programming etc.)

- David

Comment

Originally posted by Ed_L
        All I can get is a bunch of gibberish. Do I need a download of some type?

Ed
        Hey Ed,

You'll need the latest Flash plugin for your browser (Macromedia Flash player 6) you can get that here

Comment

Very cute! Since we are currently "between cats" the flash cat will
          work out fine for us for the time being. Saw a review on tv of a book entitled " Why Paint Cats". It was composed of photographs of people who painted their cats with vegetable-based dyes( the photos were of the cats- the sentence did not read right.) Anyway, some of them were really quite cute. Might try to do some digitally. Off to locate photos of my grand-cats Molly and Squeaky!
          PC

Comment

David -- thanks for the link to the upgrade -- probably will come in handy for more than a few folks. So you do some flash animations -- will you show us one? Pleeeeze!

Paulette -- I'm pretty sure that my cats would prefer to be "digitally painted" rather than me slathering on some vegetable dye -- I'm not good at that sort of thing, and I can just envision a lot of angry, wet cats making dye marks on walls, furniture, and me! Please share Molly and Squeaky when you're done -- folks who visit the Photo Art forum would love to see them!

Comment

Thanks CJ. I'm sending this to all my cat loving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by d_kendal
                Hey Ed,

You'll need the latest Flash plugin for your browser (Macromedia Flash player 6) you can get that here
                Thanks David and CJ. That was the quickest download I've ever experienced. That cat looked pretty lifelike. Very cool!

Ed

Comment

On the last sighting my 'Tom' was lying exhausted amongst his harem!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Swartz
                    David -- thanks for the link to the upgrade -- probably will come in handy for more than a few folks. So you do some flash animations -- will you show us one? Pleeeeze!
                    well, so far most of my flash stuff has been just experiments and were unfinished, but i did some real stuff, I just have to find where i put it now...

- David

Comment

David
                      I've been fooling around with Flash animations also.Even got so far as being able to add sound!I'm a little embarassed to say that most of my animations are of a cat meowing.Anyway I haven't a clue regarding how to attach a "movie" to an email or even to have it uploaded to this forum. What I'd love do do is make some of those Flash cards like you get on the Hallmark site,for example,to send to friends.

Need many more hours in the day!!

Paulette

Comment

Any MAC users see this virtual cat? I downloaded the latest version of Flash as per above, and still see gibberish. I have noticed this phenomenon on occasion at other places. Can Flash be written JUST for a particular platform? I thought the appeal was rather like that of the PDF filetype, in that it tended to bridge the gap between platform peculiarity (not to mention jpeg resolution vs. vector!)

Comment

Paullete - to be able to send your animations to people or upload them for viewing on the web, you need to export them to .SWF format. you can do this by clicking on File> Export Movie when you have the flash file open then select .swf (ShockWave Flash) and save it. then you can either email it to people and as long as they have the flash player, they can view it. as for here in the forum, it would have to be small enough to put in a zip file, or you'd have to upload it to some webspace and put up a link to it.

Phil - Flash uses "Actionscript" for programming, and I thought it was cross platform too, so I'm not sure whats happening there.

- David

Comment

If anyone is interested in Flash animations, here's some tutorials. I don't know how good they are, since I don't know anything (yet) about working with Flash, but their PShop tutorials are good, so hoped these would be also.

Guru's network - Flash tutorials

Comment

thanks for the link CJ, i haven't seen that site before, and the tutorials look great, I bookmarked that one right away.

- David

Comment

Working...
                              X