Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [email protected]

How do I upgrade Photoshop CS2 to a program that will be supported on my new Macbook pro? Do I buy CS3 or CS5 or have I got to go strait for CS6?

Re: [email protected]

You will need to go to CS6 and you probably need to hurry. Adobe has moved to a new model requiring users to pay a monthly subscription for PS now called Creative Cloud. It is still selling perpetual licenses for CS6 but that may not be the case for long.
    Cheers, Murray

Comment

I would like to buy the extended version of CS6, but do you think it is better in the long to sign up to creative cloud incase I end up wanting to get Illustrator etc.?

Comment

You can sign up to CC if you do not mind "rent-ware" The problem is that when you need to stop your subscription sometime in the future, you have nothing. That also means you will need some other software that can open all of your work. Since no other s/w can open .psd files you will need to save your images as tiff or jpg.
        Cheers, Murray

Comment

Re: [email protected]er

Thanks Murray. I have definitely decided that I want to buy a boxed set of the CS6 extended version. However, so far I have only found one that says its o.k. for Mac OS X 10.7 and I am running on 10.8 do you think this will work & be compatible?
          Cheers, Lulla

Comment

Lulla, sorry but I have been off the Mac platform for about 10 years so I can't help you. However if you visit the Photoshop forum at Adobe.com you will find all the expertise you need there on the Mac OS.
            Cheers, Murray

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Bristolpaul1
              Upgrade to CS6
              by Bristolpaul1
              Hi everyone,
              I currently have CS5 and would like to upgrade to CS6,can anybody tell me if this is possible or if i would have to pay the full price for CS6,or is there not much difference between the two in which case i am just as well to stick with CS5 (extended).
              Many thanks,
              11-11-2014, 03:52 AM
            • lkroll
              PS CC for $9.99/month
              by lkroll
              Someone at DPR's Retouch forum shared this. I decided to freeze my updates at CS5 (GIMPer I am; only updated when it made sense for me but it's getting rediculous that they require an update for each version), but more then many here use PS so thought it may be of interest. Believe you have to have...
              11-21-2013, 12:49 AM
            • John Wheeler
              Major Pricing Change for Adobe Upgrades Coming
              by John Wheeler
              If you don't like what you read below about the change, I suggest you provide customer feedback to Adobe (links and info provided near end of post on how to do that).

Just a couple days ago Adobe revealed on their blog their new pricing policy that will only allow discounted prices on...
              11-12-2011, 08:20 AM
            • DaydreamJay
              CS6 Subscription Problem
              by DaydreamJay
              Sorry to ask this question in here but I was getting "multiple redirect error" on the official Adobe help page.

I subscribed to Photoshop a while ago and was running CS5. I have now downloaded CS6. I have no clue where to get a new serial number from to run CS6 with, I have...
              07-07-2012, 01:33 PM
            • pixelPower3
              ineligible for upgrade to CS6 from CS2
              by pixelPower3
              I have Adobe Production Premium CS2 (2006).

I originally bought production standard CS1 in 2004 and upgraded via adobe.com store to Adobe Production Premium CS2.

This year I plan on a new computer hardware build and upgrading to CS6.

Since I missed the 1...
              06-03-2012, 09:08 PM
            Working...
            X