One of the funniest things I ever heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the funniest things I ever heard

My daughter and her husband came over for dinner today. She is a college graduate, and a pretty good cook, but it didn't show today. My wife made a carrot cake, and it was great. Jen, my daughter, wanted to copy down the recipe for the cake. She began writing it down, when all of a sudden she freaked out. She said "four whale eggs ?" Four whale eggs ? This recipe says four whale eggs !!" I immediately knew what happened. When my wife writes, her o's often look like a's. It should have been four whole eggs. I laughed until my sides were splitting. When I went to bed, I began laughing again, so here I am, sitting at the computer, when I should be sleeping! I can't remember when I laughed so hard.

Ed

that's so funny

Comment

Yes, I laughed out loud. But as my husband would say, "Any food related humor" [I find funny].

Jeanie

Comment

lol, that's hilarious Ed, definitely sounds like the kind of thing which could have happened in my family!

- David

Comment

all the best cooks use whale eggs.

Comment

that is too funny Ed.

ah... the importance of writing and spelling carefully when copying recipies....

Once when my little sister was maybe 8-ish and just learning to cook, she copied a cake recipie from verbal instructions. We were stunned to read the first line:

"Place the butter and sugar in warm bowel."

Comment

Too funny Marie. Welcome back!!

Ed

Comment

I was preparing for a dinner party and needed a few last minute items. I sent my husband out for them (big mistake). One of the items was "cocktail sauce" which I needed to make a sauce for some mini-sausages. When he came back from shopping I noticed that there wasn't any cocktail sauce. When I asked him where it was, he replied that he couldn't find it, but found fruit cocktail and figured that was close enough. I am pretty sure that most cookbooks don't have "fruit cocktail" as a possible substitution item for "cocktail sauce". But to him, they both had the word "cocktail" so that was close enough.

~T

Comment

T
                  But it sounds so creative One could be the talk of your friends serving mini-sausages with fruit cocktail. Sounds like something I would have done before I got married. My wife took over all the cooking duties, I think to protect herself, but maybe it was to put a lid on my creativity .
                  I also found that if you served enough "cocktails", then no one really cared what they were eating!
                  Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X