Hi !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi !

Hi, Have been reading the forum for awhile and learned a lot. I am a retired TV repairman and helped people get their pictures looking right for many years. Now I am scanning the family photo album and trying to get them to look right.

Great forum and thanks for already answering many of my questions !

Re: Hi !

Hello and welcome to this forum. Hope to hear from you more.

Comment

Originally posted by steve* View Post
      ...... I am a retired TV repairman and helped people get their pictures looking right for many years....
      Hi Steve Welcome aboard.
      Your comments about getting the picture right on a TV reminds me of a friend who started TV repair decades ago with analog TVs. This may predate your work yet thought you might appreciate.
      He had one elderly women as a customer that could not be satisfied with his best adjustments on her TV. My friend was pretty frustrated with the situation yet had an "aha" moment. He unlocked the horizontal sync and slowly rolled the picture image and asked her to pick the one she wanted. After about 10 frames going by she said "That One!". He asked her if she was sure and she said she was. He locked the horizontal sync and the customer and he left with a smile on their faces. First instance I heard of "the customer is always right"

Comment

I clipped this cartoon from a magazine years ago; it still gives me a good laugh.
        Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
          Funny little kids
          by Ed_L
          Little kids come up with some really funny things. If you have one you'd like to share please do.

I have a four year old grand daughter, who is small for her age. But she uses words like an adult. She likes to listen to her dad's CDs of Stevie Ray Vaughn. The other day, she was in a store...
          08-14-2002, 04:39 PM
        • twinkissed
          Warning... venting here about helping people out
          by twinkissed
          You know... I never thought I would say this but I don't want to help people out anymore. My husband was helping an old lady fix her car and has saved her hundreds of dollars (he has fixed quite a few things for her). The last time while trying to reach something on her car, there was an exposed wire...
          12-15-2005, 07:59 PM
        • GOLDCOIN
          The Rose....
          by GOLDCOIN
          To those that haven't yet read.....

THE ROSE

Red roses were her favorites, her name was also Rose.
          And every year her husband sent them, tied with pretty bows.
          The year he died, the roses were delivered to her door....
          02-13-2003, 11:26 PM
        • Ed_L
          So you want to get all teary eyed? White Roses
          by Ed_L
          > >I hurried into the local department store to grab some last minute
          >Christmas gifts. I looked at all the people and grumbled to myself. I would
          >be in here forever and I just had so much to do. Christmas was beginning to
          >become such a drag. I kinda wished that...
          12-11-2001, 04:13 PM
        • Ed_L
          Getting it off my chest (long)
          by Ed_L
          I have a credit account at a jewelry store, that I haven't used in two years. My son also had an account there, but neither of us knew the other had one. He lives about 50 miles from me. Before Christmas, he went into the jewelry store, told them he had an account that he also hadn't used in quite a...
          02-02-2003, 03:00 PM
        Working...
        X