Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member saying Hello and asking question

Hello!

Retired guy here, restarting photography after doing b&w in the 60s and 70s. Have a Sony RX100iii, which I love, but looking for a larger camera that I can control better - particularly focusing.

I live in Chapel Hill, NC, and am active in the local camera club, etc.

My question: there don't seem to be any RSS feeds for this site (I found one but it was empty). I use an RSS reader (feedly.com) to keep up with the world and would really like to see this site with it. I'm not very good at visiting sites that are not in my RSS feeds. I know I'm probably weird to many people, but there are also many people like me, some with cameras! ;-)

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here.

-- ge

Re: New member saying Hello and asking question

I had to disable the RSS feeds because of scrapers.

I'm also a feedly fan, and use page2rss.com for un-RSS sites.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Looking at it, there seems to be far too much going on to capture with Page2RSS. I think I'll try to browse occasionally. Every topic seems to take me far, far away to other sites. That's the way the web is....

Thanks for the suggestion. I may use it for other sites.

ge

Comment

You can subscribe to individual forums or even threads, so you'll get an instant, daily, or weekly (configurable) email whenever there is activity. You can also just bookmark the New Posts link.
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I get far too much email. Feedly is my primary gateway to the net.

Google did find the page where RSS feeds are kept (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/cv_rss_feeds.php), but there's a Debug message saying that the feeds are turned off, as explained above, although I don't understand what the problem was.

Comment

Originally posted by zabouti View Post
            I get far too much email. Feedly is my primary gateway to the net.

Google did find the page where RSS feeds are kept (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/cv_rss_feeds.php), but there's a Debug message saying that the feeds are turned off, as explained above, although I don't understand what the problem was.
            Goggle finds everything. You (or rather Doug) can set robots.txt to avoid that. It might make sense there.

Comment

Working...
            X