Hello from Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Maryland

I'm a long time photographer with no ambitions of being professional, attempting to sell or even show.

I was working at a book by Scott Nightngale on Blend Modes and saw that it was marked Beginner-Intermediate. According to my understanding of that book, I am somewhere below Beginner.

That being said, I have a website Lewlortonphoto.com and I want to make my photos look better, perhaps even good.

Lew
    Last edited by Lew the travele; 06-21-2016, 07:31 PM.

Re: Hello from Maryland

Lew, you've got some great work on your website! Only the brave do street photography ;-)

As for blending modes, they're really easy to work with. Check out my Flypaper tutorial here for an example of using texture overlays on images via blending modes.

Comment

Thanks for the hello, altho it does seem like a marketing hello.
      I tried to get to the buy page and the site timed out twice.

Comment

The Flypaper example was the first one I thought of as they are the ones I use on my own stuff; you can do this technique with any texture or image.

I see what you mean about the link (I will contact them to see what's going on).

Comment

The developer just wrote and said they are seeing the slowness too, so maybe it will resolve soon.

Comment

Working...
          X