New to This Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to This Forum

Just found this site and I hope I can learn more from it. I am a Professional Photographer Semi Retired. I have Interst in PP especially Yervants Style.
    Not sure where I can find this. I don't do much shooting anymore but still want to learn more on Retouching and PP. Thank you

Re: New to This Forum

Are you talking about Yervant the wedding photographer? If so, I see a wide range of styles there. Which one(s) are you trying to emulate?

Comment

Not so much the Style BUT the Post Processing that he does. Thank you

Comment

Thanks, I did understand you but I used the wrong word. Still I do see several types of PP (B&W, antique color, light leaks, smoothing, etc.). Lots of plug-ins and actions can do this quickly.

Comment

I see a lot of DNB in his work, as well as some compositing. It is quick work, but not that quick. Smoothing the skin is obvious, and ruins the end result, as well as the lack of precision in masking and CC, but it is a batch retouching, so those results are to be expected.

Comment

Any softwares you can recommend? I use LR5 and Portrait professional and Nik Software
            Thank you. I am starting to watch some tutorials on the recent ones I purchased.

Comment

Photoshop is the tool for DNB, liquify etc. I you don't want to spend any money, I believe CS2 is now free. GIMP is a great alternative, as well. Just for the dodge and burn, liquify, easier healing and cloning etc. But, if you're doing everything in LR now, you probably don't want to use any of those features anyway.

Comment

I have PS5 or6 from my monthly subscription from Cloud and LR5. I don't use PS only because I don't understand it and LR is easier for me. Is there much of a difference between LR and PS ? Thank you

Comment

LR is for editing, PS for retouching. Its not an either or, they each have a purpose, yet share some features.

Comment

Yes thank you. I appreciate your time and help

Comment

Working...
                    X