Literacy, where have you gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Literacy, where have you gone?

Dear Lord, I am working with a client, and the amount of "street lingo" that is being used is more than I can bare. I decided to went a bit, and ask have you ever had a "pleasure" of working with clients of the illiterate variety?

Some of the terms being used by the client throughout our correspondence:

street ware(it's wear!)
    boob
    cuz (because I presume?)
    yo

I am tempted to throw a book at the computer.

Re: Literacy, where have you gone?

"street ware(it's wear!)" You maybe wrong, it more like "Out there in the street ware it happened".

"cuz (because I presume?)" Maybe that's one of your relatives

"yo" could be the abbreviation of yo-yo?

And one more item for you to consider, the changing of a type of photography to a direction. We spent many years producing portraits and landscapes. Now those two words denote direction and I have not heard any of new words replacing them while discussing those types of photography. Just what was wrong with vertical and horizontal?

So now we ask, would you like a portrait portrait or a landscape portrait?

Or how about, "The smoke from the fire raised portraitly into the sky".

Maybe I am just getting old...........

Comment

"Her boobz need to look betta."

Nothing says landscape like that sentence, especially coming from an art director.

Comment

Eloquence, grammar, literacy... I miss the good 'ole days. In particular, the phrase "my bad" makes me cringe, as does "no problem" in response to a thank you.

Kids...

Comment

Originally posted by MDWine View Post
          Eloquence, grammar, literacy... I miss the good 'ole days. In particular, the phrase "my bad" makes me cringe, as does "no problem" in response to a thank you.

Kids...
          Haha - I say "no problem" instead of "you're welcome" very often - and I'm no kid.
          "My Bad" is a pet peeve for me too.

--Shift Studio.

Comment