Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lucas gives away exposure software

From Studio Briefing:

Independent filmmakers are praising George Lucas's Industrial Light and Magic (ILM) for releasing as "open source" a software program that permits filmmakers to adjust the exposure of a scene after it has been shot without sacrificing picture quality. The program, OpenEXR has been used by ILM on Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Men in Black II, Gangs of New York, and Signs. OpenEXR currently runs on Linux, Mac (OS X), and Irix platforms. One writer on the Slashdot website commented, "Although George Lucas may have gone over to the dark side, at least some of his staff prefer freedom and light."
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Related Topics

Collapse

• mdijb
    New Buzz software
    by mdijb
    Buzz has announced new software--Artmaster and Artmaster pro.

Has anyone taken a look at these new packages. Does any one use Photoartmaster or PAM, also made by fo2pix? What is your experience?

I use a mac and the demos are not available yet.

MDIJB
    03-21-2005, 09:15 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Inpainting software
    by Doug Nelson
    More software that looks too intimidating to use, but boy do I like the results!

http://restoreinpaint.sourceforge.net/
    01-31-2006, 01:40 PM
  • SteveB2005
    Software To Write QuickTime Tutorials
    by SteveB2005
    Hello folks. If anyone has seen the numerous Russell Brown Photoshop tutorials, you will notice that he is able to demonstrate his techniques in real time using video and audio. What software do you need to do this type of tutorial like Russell does? I use a Mac laptop and wonder if you need any additional...
    01-31-2006, 02:53 PM
  • Frank Lopes
    Stitching software
    by Frank Lopes
    This is by no means an exhaustive list of panorama stitching software packages.

It is instead, a list of software that I tried at one time or another, or have come in contact with by the recommendation of others.

The notes come from the publisher's websites and the prices...
    01-30-2008, 07:15 PM
  • Stephen M
    PhotoControl - Free PC Software
    by Stephen M
    Hi folks - just a quick note to announce some new software that I think many will be interested in, and a small review/tutorial I have written to go along with it (to save you reading 150 forum posts <g>, and some trial and error that I have gone through).

http://members.ozemai...
    02-05-2003, 07:21 AM
Working...
X