Good DIY site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good DIY site

I haven't had much time lately to be on RP lately, but I wanted to pass this on. The following site has also been submitted for the "links" on RP. If you are a DIYer, and you have a problem with an appliance, visit this site. It will help you identify the faulty part, show you how to replace it, and you are also able to order parts (they give you the part number), which I found to be competitive in pricing. Shipping was very fast. If the part in question is not in stock, that information will be available for you as well. I've only used this site once, but I was very impressed with it, and I will certainly use it again.

Ed

Thanks, Ed! I'm not much into DIY, although I like to read and watch how someone can do it themselves. It'll be a good guide for me to compare to whoever I end up having do it for me.

Comment

Good site Ed,

I will be very useful to beable to try and find the problem your self before a pro tells you something has gone that hasn't. I don't know whether you have seen it by in England there is a program called 'rouge traders', that trys to publicise bad jobs from builders to washing machine fixers, its a good viewing program but does make you quite anxious when something goes wrong.

We had radiator problems about 2 years ago and called a big company to check out the problem and fix it. They told us we needed to have the whole system flushed through, that would cost us from £400.00. After watching 'rouge traders' we were a little bit on edge thinking that the system had not been in for that long, so decided not to go for it. It turned out to be the thermostate and timer that had died, had it replaced and its still working.

A warm and cosy Clare

Comment

That looks like a very helpful site too Clare. It's too bad that a few bad apples give a whole industry a bad name by being less than trustworthy, but I guess that's part of life as we know it.

Ed

Comment