my website.. kind of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my website.. kind of

I made the website for a Band here in my hometown- It's 100% flash with photoshop designs... check it out and if you want to give me your opinion

just that

take care you all

mdivad

www.lamina6.cl

First and foremost remove the splash page it is ineffective and redundant and can only add to bandwidth.

The picture that you have is over compressed. I don't know how au-fait you are with Flash so I won't baffle you with specifics, but unless you tell it otherwise, even after compressing an image in your raster program (probably Photoshop), Flash then adds it own optimisation routine.

Still, good start.

Comment

down here....

well the problem for me is that down here, and with that I mean in Chile hehehe, no one seems to have a good internet conection so I had to compress the backgrounds a lot. I dont like it either but I had to since the normal screenmode here is 800x600 (there are even some people who still have 640x480).

Also the band wanted a website that would load fast and everytime a link i pressed under 15 second.

the new version of this website will be out soon and this time I wont compress much... I want the site to be seen as it was designed.

thanks for your coment by the way

silla

mdivad

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MacBurg
        Website Critique Please.
        by MacBurg
        Hi there,

I've had my website up and running for a while now, and have mostly got good feedback about it, but I have also heard of some great improvements for it. So I am going to throw a few more dollars at it to make some minor improvements. It is a bit bare as I haven't had the chance...
        07-03-2007, 10:46 PM
      • Ken Rogers
        Very cool website
        by Ken Rogers
        I'm not self-advertising or anything here. I literally stumbled upon this amazing website and would like to share it here, and the salon seemed the only appropriate place to do so. It has nothing to do with retouching, but it's the design of this site that intrigues me.

It's 100% flash-based...
        12-23-2005, 09:43 AM
      • bri775
        website options
        by bri775
        I am looking into ways I can put my retouching portfolio online. I want to have thumbnails which will open a larger version in a frame or something and have before/after rollover effects on the larger image... You know, your typical retouching website. I don't have a lot of time to spend relearning...
        07-26-2007, 10:53 AM
      • robinh
        GoldenOnes: new retouching website
        by robinh
        Hi all,
        I just registered on RetouchPro. I just finished my retouching site. I included some very dramatic photo-manipulation (just to show what's possible) as well as some more subtle enhancements. The site has relatively high-res images, so it takes a while to load and requires high-speed internet....
        02-09-2010, 12:12 PM
      • jtd131
        Best Website Design Company To Buy From
        by jtd131
        I don't know what to do. Get Flash and try and learn it to design a website myself or just buy a template from some place. Any suggestions? I would rather get a well designed site, but one that you can roll over images to see the before and afters. Thanks in advance.
        07-29-2009, 07:58 AM
      Working...
      X