Photoshop on TV and in the movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop on TV and in the movies

I was just watching "The Agency" and noticed that on their computer, in a scene where they were looking through a surgery image, the guy was talking about zooming in and adjusting contrast, then they showed the computer screen and I noticed he was adjusting using the Photoshop levels dialog! I always find it kind of amusing in cop shows etc. when they take a low rez, noisy photo and manage to zoom right in on a detail (i.e. on a licence plate) in perfect detail, or complete other very obviously unrealistic computer related tasks..
    has anybody else noticed photoshop being used in any tv shows/movies?

- David
    Last edited by d_kendal; 03-16-2003, 03:01 AM.

Theres a very popular archeology series on BBC where they use geo physical equipment to scan for buried features such as walls etc. The results usually pop up on some laptop in a tent using PS.

If any of you remember Black Adder a possible TV export to North America the presenter of Time Team is Tony Robinson who was Black Adders filthy servant Baldrick.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
      "Remembering" vs. "Rewatching"
      by Doug Nelson
      I recently got into a conversation and mentioned that a movie they mentioned remembered better than it rewatched. The person I was speaking with had no idea what I was talking about, but I'd assumed everyone thought about movies in that way. Some movies simply seem better in the memory, even very recent...
      05-24-2006, 01:47 PM
    • Doug Nelson
      Image editing in the movies
      by Doug Nelson
      ...and the only evidence they have is a surveillance video still shot from 100 yards away showing a blurry license plate. By pressing a couple of buttons, the technician is able to make the plate number clearly snap into focus

Am I the only one that gets irritated when scenes like this...
      05-03-2002, 02:26 PM
    • Doug Nelson
      HDTV Movies
      by Doug Nelson
      I recently got a 52" LCD HDTV and joined the high resolution TV viewing crowd. I must say I underestimated the effect (which is why I waited so long). It's quite striking, and I find I have little use for regular resolution TV, even though I have many more SD channels than HD.

I...
      08-27-2008, 03:18 PM
    • paulette conlan
      Disappointed with Dell
      by paulette conlan
      Using my almost 5 year old HP with Win98 to write this. My 6month old Dell Dim8300 with all of the bells and whistles is dead.- awaiting the arrival of a new hard drive if it ever comes. End of last week the computer turned on by itself. I really didn't think anything of it at the time thinking I did...
      03-01-2004, 04:11 PM
    • anonimo
      Movie Posters!!!!!!!
      by anonimo
      Everytime I go to the movies and look at the posters I am always courious on what has been done to the image in the poster! It also happends with magazines,cd covers,etc...!

Have any retouchers worked with movie posters? If so which ones?

Thanks,
      George....
      10-21-2007, 11:45 PM
    Working...
    X