Browser Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser Blues

Just on a whim, I loaded a page that had T Paul's Avatar on it (with the cat winking) in three different browsers - Internet Explorer 5.1 (for MAC), Netscape 6, and Opera 5. In Explorer the winking speed was just about right, I think. In Netscape, twice as slow to execute, and in Opera you had to look quick to see that it moved (if YOU blinked you would miss it). Just thought I'd throw that out there to say that not only do browsers reproduce web pages and static artwork differently but also you can't depend on the speed of GIF animations to be anything like how you created it either. What fun!
    while I was whimming, I copied the address for this post (to check out MY avatar speed for comparison). Oddly enough (to me, anyway) it remained fairly constant in each browser. I can only conclude that the more frames you have in your animation the more faithfully the animation is rendered. BUT, the longer it will take to load. Just some more info for those who would design websites to pull their hair out over.
    Last edited by Blacknight; 03-25-2003, 08:52 PM.

Related Topics

Collapse

• KevinBE
    OK it's online
    by KevinBE
    Now I need your help. All constructive criticism welcomed. I have been working on this site, it seems like, forever. I haven't finished with all of the content but I have 8 pages ready and decided to go ahead and publish it.

Go easy, it's my first time.

Guess it would...
    02-16-2003, 05:21 PM
  • 1STLITE
    My web site - Tell me what you think
    by 1STLITE
    Well, after about three or four different layouts/menu styles, etc. I think I finally am satisfied with my web site. Other than adding content on these pages, and maybe adding a couple more pages, especially creating an info page (as it is I have my home page as the info also), I am pretty much done....
    04-09-2006, 09:33 PM
  • jeaniesa
    Java & PHP
    by jeaniesa
    Quote below from this post:Thanks for that info David. (I've broken this discussion off to create a new thread so I can ask more questions without going to far out on a tangent in the other thread.)

I've been a little worried about Java b/c of the browser issues, but then I wonder whether...
    01-16-2003, 02:36 PM
  • winwintoo
    This is cool....
    by winwintoo
    I'm probably the only person who didn't know this until now, but just in case I thought I'd share it.

I usually keep both Netscape and IE running for those times when a page just doesn't load properly in one browser, I can switch to the other. Also if you're into web development, you...
    01-10-2003, 10:36 AM
  • winwintoo
    Am I losing my mind....
    by winwintoo
    I was beginning to wonder, but I found out that I'm not and I learned something in the process.

When you're checking your page in your browser, be aware that the browser may not re-load images. If you make changes to an image file and the changes aren't showing up on your page, you may...
    02-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Working...
X