An appropriate photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An appropriate photo

I was just looking through some of my old images, and found one of my uncle (that's right - uncle!) taken about 1912. What better time to show the world?
    Attached Files

Very nice picture (glad you said uncle)

But admit it, you colorized it, didn't you?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

What a priceless photo Ed. Adorable little Uncle you got there. It goes to show History does repeat itself. You see alot of kids today wearing the same pattern.
      DJ

Comment

Cute picture Ed.

Nice job colorizing too!

Comment

GREAT photo, Ed! I've got one of my grandfather taken around the same time period I think. He's not dressed in RW&B, but he's in a dress with pigtails. All of his grandchildren love the photo, but he always hated it! I'm so glad he never ripped it up.

Jeanie

Comment

I think with the type of image it is, it would probably look just as good without colour. Your eye would naturally be drawn to the flag without colour so I'm not sure what colour 'adds' to it. Probably just a person prefrence more than anything.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• thomasgeorge
              Dresses and Kids
              by thomasgeorge
              A bit more browsing thru various literature turned up a point I thought might be of some interest-- up to at least the 1890's boys as old as 8 might, at the preference of their mothers, be photographed not in knee length pants but in dresses. Again, look to the part in the hair for gender info if unsure--...
              11-01-2001, 09:44 PM
            • Ed_L
              Nap time
              by Ed_L
              You can tell who the boos is by who sleeps with the toys!

Ed...
              11-07-2002, 08:34 PM
            • thomasgeorge
              For Ed...
              by thomasgeorge
              When I saw the Orang. photo I remembered an old advertising postcard photo I had so I combined 'em...enjoy...Tom
              01-09-2002, 05:56 PM
            • ApWizard
              Sample of Work - ApWizard
              by ApWizard
              ok...this is my first post in this forum! make me comment and critics: to much soft focus! this time (original on the left remake on the right)

thanks in advance...
              04-19-2002, 01:53 PM
            • Ed_L
              Jalapeno Poppers
              by Ed_L
              Sorry it took so long to post this. I know you were just drooling. This is one I got from one of my sons. Whenever we have a big get together, he brings poppers. I could make a meal out of 'em.

Ingredients:
              2 cups fresh grated Parmesan cheese
              2-8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese...
              06-05-2002, 01:36 PM
            Working...
            X