Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• CJ Swartz
    ReadPlease 2002 - reading software
    by CJ Swartz
    The WebAttack.com FREE download-of-the-week
    This week’s FREE download from http://www.webattack.com is called “ReadPlease” which is a text-to-speech reader that sounds better than the old programs that had
    robotic and monotonous voices. It can read virtually anything on the screen...
    10-04-2002, 10:08 PM
  • thomasgeorge
    Roxio GoBack 3
    by thomasgeorge
    Following a recient O/S firey crash and burn, I decided that some sort of data backup and recovery software had to be avaliable which would at least allow for recovery from such software induced horrors, so, after a diligent search, I took the easy way out and asked an expert on such matters--one of...
    11-21-2001, 11:03 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Why is OpenSource software so ugly?
    by Doug Nelson
    I had to use gparted to install Vista this weekend, and I was reminded of my primary objection to Linux: all the interfaces and apps are ugly. Mishmashed fonts, ill-fitting UI features, and no concious attempt at any sort of unified standard.

Even the apps offered as counter-examples...
    11-05-2006, 03:05 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    What Non-Photo Software Are You Good With?
    by Doug Nelson
    After spending this past week mucking about with video codecs and compression, and teaching myself Premiere I found myself wishing more than once I had someone knowledgeable I could turn to.

I've found myself in that similar situation for many different areas, so I thought it might be nice...
    05-31-2015, 07:21 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Ads in commercial software
    by Doug Nelson
    I'd like to get some opinions. I recently installed a commercial software app (not shareware) that periodically (a couple of times a week or more) will pop up a window within its workspace promoting other things to buy from that same vendor. It's not big, probably only about 10% of the workspace, and...
    Ads don't bother me.
    2.22%
    Ads bother me, but I'd still use the software.
    22.22%
    Ads bother me a lot, and I'd use the software less, or buy an alternative.
    75.56%
    I like ads. They provide valuable information.
    0.00%
    06-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Working...
X