Clear All

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    You only hertz the one you lovez

Yes, hz not mhz. This is definitely a bad boy, but not THAT bad

Leave a comment:

• G. Couch
    replied
    So, if Doug moves up to a 23" monitor, can he crank it up to 100 gigahertz!? Thanks for the correction...I guess I just like putting "mega" in front of everything computer related!

Leave a comment:

• G. Couch
    replied
    Anything over 100 is probably overkill. I keep my 19" Trinitron at 1024x768 @ 100mhz...zero flicker or eyestrain. If your video card will support higher resolutions at 100mhz or above, I would give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I have it set at 100mhz for the time being, as a moderate measure.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    started a topic You guys have never looked so good

You guys have never looked so good

I just got my new Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB monitor. 20" of pure viewing delight! I was planning on upping my normal viewing resolution (1024x768) but it just looks so good like this I think I'll keep it as it is.

Big text, huge thumbnails, and the Gallery and Challenges have never looked this nice to me before. I guess I had no idea how bad my old monitor had gotten.

As if it understood what was going on, this morning as I was waiting for the UPS man my old monitor screamed and died (literally). Talk about just in the nick of time.

My old monitor had a max refresh rate of 85mhz, this new one goes to 150mhz. Does anyone know if there are advantages or disadvantages to viewing at 150mhz?
Working...
X