Darton Drake anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darton Drake anyone

Is anyone here familiar w/ Darton Drakes work? I saw him lecture at NEIPP in Cape Cod Massachusetts this year, and I've been checking for his work lately. I really like his style, it usually doesn't go over the top, but sits comfortably on the edge. It's all photo-art and I think he always uses people as subjects. He said he mainly uses photoshop & painter, not that that gives away his secrets or anything. Check out his work at www.dartondrake.com & let me know what you think.

Darton

I have had the extreme pleasure of seeing Darton Drake twice. Once was a two day seminar in Indiana. He is na excellent photographer and his work touches my heart and soul. You should also see Fuzzy Duenkel. He photographed Darton and his family. He is another one of the greats, whose style is so wonderful, you want to see more and more.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• palms
      Evel Knievel
      by palms
      Just read this morning of the sad passing of the stunt man,
      Whether you liked him and his stunts or not the man had some courage, and many times i have sat with my dad watching his various attempts, willing him to achieve his aim. He was a character, of which there seem very few left in this...
      12-01-2007, 03:07 AM
    • G. Couch
      Question about nepotism...
      by G. Couch
      Anyone here a lawyer or Human Resources expert?

My younger brother has become involved in a rather suspect situation where he works. He is a CNA at a local retirement home and recently the home decided to hire 2 CNA supervisors. At first he was not going to apply, given that he has less...
      10-01-2002, 11:45 PM
    • lkroll
      Incredible kite flying.
      by lkroll
      Got this one in an email; just too fantastic to not share so I share with you all.

The man flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada. He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year. His skin is like leather as he normally flies with his shirt...
      03-30-2017, 06:50 PM
    • Doug Nelson
      He wasn't hungry, he was lonely
      by Doug Nelson
      Strange bedfellows. I do think naming his friend "Meal" was a little mean.
      01-18-2006, 12:59 PM
    • timn420
      Aaron Nace
      by timn420
      Anyone familiar with photoshop guru Aaron Nace http://www.aaron-nace.com/conceptual.html# and his PHLEARN http://phlearn.com/
      photoshop tutorials?

A guy I knows swears buy them for retouching and doing conceptual work. Just curious if others have used them.
      01-12-2012, 08:12 AM
    Working...
    X