hey dj, hey sam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey dj, hey sam

i just want you both to know that when i thought you both were guys i thought you both were exceptionally, well, nice. possessed of sweetness and light in a way that gentlemen are not. by and large.

i'm sure it's best all the way around that you really are women, but you sure were nice guys.

I feel terrible that I've disappointed you ...

Comment

Oh I dunno. I thought they were both kind of macho! (kidding)

Ed

Comment

not disappointed at all. it's really enlightening, actually. in another case, i thought the poster's name suggested a woman, wrongly, but i had found him to be a rather gruff woman. just seems like, in my mind anyway, there are gender based characteristics in written communication. not that i'd try to define them

Comment

Hey Kathleen
          When you thought I was I guy, was I one of those good looking ones on the cover GQ? If so, I think I will go back to being a guy.

I noticed there are a few on this site that can be confused. Like CJ is really Carolyn and Sjm is really Susan. Chris H is a guy and Chris W is a girl. There are more I can't even guess at but you get the point. With these online handles it's hard to know who's on the other end so it's nothing to feel funny about. We all wonder sometimes and along comes a brave soul who out right asks.

Did I ever mention the time I chose a woman doctor from the phone book only to find out she was becoming a he? Now that was an ordeal in pronouns especially because he/she never said anything about it. He later married and they had a baby. The office nurse (she joined the office post operation) said the baby looked just like his father. I almost choked. Turned out to be a very good doctor though.
          DJ
          Last edited by T Paul; 11-20-2007, 05:41 PM.

Comment

oh yes you were cute as cute could be. no, if i remember right, i think i imagined you kind of hippie looking. not that that can't be cute as cute can be. but not gq. the little girl on the horse is definitely cuter.

when you "were a boy", did you know before it came to light, that people thought you were a boy? ie - INTENTIONAL AMBIGUITY?

Comment

No, it never occured to me that I would be mistaken for a guy. I don't know why though. I think hippie was ok as long as I had the real long hair.
              DJ

Comment

you did

Comment

Might I add that I always wear a dinner suit or plus fours when posting on these forums so there's no confusion.
                  Last edited by chris h; 10-19-2001, 11:49 AM.

Comment

anyone who has eavesdropped on you and tg ought have no doubts . . .

what're plus fours?

Comment

Sported by shooting gents on the scottish hills. Trousers (usually Tweed) that reach just below the knee. Worn with wool stockings, the idea being that if you were shooting across wet ground you could change the stockings rather then endure wet trousers all day. Usually sported by Lords and above !!!

We are hoping for more female input on 'Regards from' as long as it doesn't wander off topic.

Comment

ever-practical, those lords. reckon that's how they got to be lords? not bloody likely. (i wish i could say "not bloody likely" with a proper british accent. )

when regards from digresses to needlework, etc, i'll be right there.

Comment

I'll be happy to discuss acupuncture on 'Regards From'

Comment

Chris
                            Was I happy to read your description of plus fours.I'm going to have some fun with that.Some group in our gated community convinced the board that our dress code needed to be tightened up because(apparently) there is a perception that people are not dressing anymore in the proscribed tradional manner for our various recreational activities.I was asked to compile the input from the various groups and plus fours was one of the acceptable items of apparel for golf. I looked it up but all I could find was a reference to a pantaloon.Thanks.

Last edited by paulette conlan; 10-19-2001, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Chris,
                              I can picture you perfectly. Do you know that I even read your posts with a British accent? It just seems to fit when I read what you say. Unfortunately it's more of a refined London accent (not Eastend) than from Central UK. Go with what you know I guess. I see you working in your dungeon with your spiders having a cuppa looking ever so regal in your dinner suit or plus fours. How quaint. How's that?
                              DJ

Comment