Linking to another site for images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking to another site for images

If you take a look at this thread, you will not be able to find the image that inspired the thread. The link took you to another site to view the image. It is no longer available, and that takes a lot away from the thread for others who might not have seen it before. It's much better to attach an image to the post on *this* site, as it will be available to view in the future.

Ed

I guess I could have been more clear. It was not in reference to photo art, but for threads like the one mentioned above. These threads are where people turn for help and education. I think a good percentage of people asking for help, then link to an outside site, wind up deleting the image after they have the answer they were looking for. This could make the thread completely useless for others in the future. Unless Doug has changed his preference on this, he would like people to attach images (at least this type) on this site. I agree that not every image that is posted should be kept forever. Many are just for a short time showing.

Ed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
      A Sad Day Revisited
      by Ed_L
      The one and only reason for this thread is because I'm concerned about the possibility of the site becoming less inviting to many of us.

While the results of this thread will not set policy, I guarantee that the results will be monitored by the administrator of the site.

I agree with Ed's suggestions
      38.89%
      I disagree with Ed's suggestions
      27.78%
      I have an alternate suggestion
      33.33%
      09-09-2002, 09:22 PM
    • G. Couch
      Sponsorship?
      by G. Couch
      With all the discussion about generating money for Retouch Pro I figured I would ask this question... With 20000 people a month visiting the site, 1200+ members and an owner who is constantly improving and updating features, what would be the possibility of getting the site or part of the site sponsored...
      12-05-2002, 01:00 PM
    • zganie
      work available
      by zganie
      I came across this site PICTISMO.com dont know if its been mentioned on here before.Its a retouching job site you can join for free and bid on jobs so maybe check it out

zganie
      09-24-2007, 06:22 AM
    • clare
      Making my site more commercial
      by clare
      Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a more commercial version of my web site and was wondering whether anyone has any pointers that could be of use. You can find my current site via the link at the bottom of this post.

What do you love / hate about my current site?...
      01-01-2003, 10:41 AM
    • matt_w
      Link to Retouching Site
      by matt_w
      Hi all, I believe way back several months ago, I saw a link here to an incredible portrait site. The imagery as I recall was either B&W or very muted colors, with incredible vibrance, such as a portrait of an older gent smoking a cigar. The images were almost 3D and very dramatic. I just remember...
      05-08-2006, 10:43 PM
    Working...
    X