What Do in Your Spare Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do in Your Spare Time?

Just curious as to peoples' other interests that don't involve photo retouching / restoration etc. I guess I will go first. I love to draw when I get time, wondering around outside somewhere noticing little 'simple' things (like the way and joy a little kid is eating an ice-cream), hanging out with friends and going to the movies. How about others?

I do a little woodworking, and when the weather is right, a little gardening. My wife is really the gardener in the family - I just do the grunt work! My son and I built an addition on my home two years ago, and last year, we built one on his. I enjoy that kind of work, but I don't do it often. Keeping our home in shape, and enjoying our large family pretty much rounds off the list.

Ed

Comment

hey matt,

variations on the theme of your question have appeared in other posts here, especially

here, here, here, and here

also, many people have posted in the introductions section and have included something about their outside interests.

sure am glad to have you in our company, your input has been really helpful and hope you will continue, you add a lot. also, your web-site and as much of your other work as i had time to check out show you're a gifted fellow.

another place with a lot of info on people's interests is also in salon - regards from the uk, but you'll need all night if you start at the beginning.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Gerry Monaghan
        Calling All At-Home-Dads
        by Gerry Monaghan
        I am trying to grow my new business while continuing to be primary care giver for 3 little boys, Caleb 7, Benjamin 4, Luke 1. I have often said that this child rearing is the hardest thing I have ever done. There is a reason people have small children when they are in their twenties. At 42, chasing...
        04-29-2002, 09:42 AM
      • alceria
        Questions about Retouching Businesses
        by alceria
        First off, hello. I'm new to this board, though I've been to the site a few times before.

I'm interested in finding out what kind of people are doing restorations. Are you doing them for a hobby or for work? If you are doing them for work, is it the main part of your business or...
        11-13-2002, 08:30 PM
      • jeaniesa
        Just in case you're wondering where I am...
        by jeaniesa
        Sorry I've been so silent the past week. I learned about two weeks ago that I had to make a trip to Viet Nam - and I'm writing from there now. It's been a whirlwind trip so far (I actually picked up my tickets and passport/visa at the FedEx office on my way to the airport!) and the connections here...
        02-11-2002, 04:16 AM
      • Jim Conway
        Setting the bar too low?
        by Jim Conway
        Wow - I just stumbled in to this thread and was astonished at the levels of pricing!

With a son that is a partner in a law firm billing his time at nearly $400 an hour and a daughter in sales making over 120K a year, maybe I've been tricked into thinking my $85 hr. billing avg is...
        01-19-2002, 04:39 PM
      • DannyRaphael
        Seeking Disney Cruise advice
        by DannyRaphael
        FROM RAIN TO SUNSHINE!
        On Saturday my family (son, almost 4; daughter, almost 6, going on 26, wife [she'd kill me if I told] ) will be headed from the generally rainy and generally cool Seattle area (mid-50's today) to warm and relatively humid Orlando for a night, followed the next five days...
        05-09-2002, 07:54 PM
      Working...
      X