Richard answers my ram/scratch disk question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard answers my ram/scratch disk question

I sent my question to Richard, and he e-mailed a very long reply. If anyone is interested, give me your e-mail address, and I'll be glad to send it your way. I won't go through PM, it has to go through your regular e-mail address.

Ed

Why not just post it in the Hardware forum? If it's like volumes, make it a text file and attach it.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Sounds like a good solution to me and it will save you having to constantly e-mail people for years to come every time someone new discovers this thread.
      DJ

Comment

Sounds like an idea! Will files from MS Works post O.K.? I'm pretty much computer illiterate, so if that won't work, someone will have to point me in the right direction.

Ed

Comment

Just copy and paste. Or go to 'file' 'save as...' 'text'
          Learn by teaching
          Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
            RAM/Scratch Disk
            by Ed_L
            I asked a question on Richard Lynch's web site, and he provided a prompt answer. Basically, I told him that I had a question of why Photoshop would use the scratch disk at all if plenty of RAM were still available. Here is his answer:

Ed...
            10-22-2001, 10:44 PM
          • lukasdp
            scratch disk question?
            by lukasdp
            Hi everyone.
            I recently bought a 2010 Mac Pro Quad and put 16 Gigs of Ram in it along with a
            60Gig Solid State harddrive which has the OS and all the apps installed on it.
            along with this I have a 2TB internal HD which has all the photos and work files, etc.
            I have heard...
            12-22-2010, 12:05 PM
          • jerry
            Minimum Ram Memory
            by jerry
            Hi Folks

I have a quick question. I recently installed ps 6.0 and started to try some of the restorations on this site. My computer was new last year. It is a dell pentium III 1 gig processor with 256 ram.
            When I was working on "Balancing Act" Challenge I kept locking...
            03-28-2002, 06:50 PM
          • Ed_L
            Scratch Sizes, Ram, and Efficiency
            by Ed_L
            I need a little help understanding this. I'm running a PC with 256 megs of ram. When I have an image open and I view "efficiency" in the status bar, I sometimes get less than 100%. Doesn't this mean I am using the scratch disk? An example of one image shows 95% efficiency, and scratch sizes...
            10-19-2001, 02:35 PM
          • Ed_L
            Hard drive question
            by Ed_L
            Not knowing much at all about computers, I have a question about hard drives. I'm considering buying a second hard drive, and I have 512 MB DDR Ram installed in my Dell computer. The Ram is listed as PC 2100. I've seen hard drives advertised as 5400 rpm and PC 133. There is another advertised as 7200...
            09-08-2002, 01:31 PM
          Working...
          X