No announcement yet.

Newbie to R-P

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Widdy1
    Newbie to forum reporting in!
    by Widdy1
    Hi all, I've just joined this forum. For some reason I put off joining some time ago. I live in Thornton-Cleveleys near Blackpool in the NW of England and have been into photography for 26 years and image manipulation since Photoshop first came out c1993. The amount of scanning I carried out was frightening!...
    08-04-2010, 09:19 AM
  • Jack The Ripper
    Any photogs here?
    by Jack The Ripper
    So im all excited. Finally upgrading my camera body.

(Nikon shooter here, not really interested in hearing any nikon vs canon vs pentax vs leica, vs hassleblad, vs whatever. Its a system and you have to choose one Nikon is just as good as any of the others they all have strengths and...
    09-14-2009, 07:51 PM
  • Craig Walters
    Digital camera - what kind do you have?
    by Craig Walters
    also, danny, what camera do you use? i'm thinking of getting a digital and am asking around to see what folks are using and if they like it or not.
    08-19-2007, 02:20 AM
  • sharynideas
    A couple of Nikon Questions
    by sharynideas
    I'm thinking of getting a refurbished Nikon DSLR. Probably a 3000. I'm under no illusions that I will ever become professional, but would like to take good landscapes and macros, mostly to putter with in photo art.
    I have a Tokina SD 35-200 mm lens and a Vivitar MC Teleconverter both of which...
    03-07-2011, 05:48 AM
  • Lady_Percy
    Hello from a newbie
    by Lady_Percy
    Hi,
    Just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I've been looking at some of the challenges, and I am excited about getting started here! A little background on me - I started Photoshopping when we had a three week intro tutorial in my Internet Applications class. Since then I've been practicing...
    07-19-2008, 09:36 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to R-P

Hello! Just signed up with this forum. I've been fooling around with photography for quite a few years. First really good camera was a Nikkormat followed by a a Nikon F Ftn. I've owned quite a few cameras but lately have settled on Sony. I have 2 of the last Sony optical viewfinder models - the (DX) A580 and the (FX) A900 along with some Sony and Minolta lenses. I pretty much shoot anything that steps in front of my lens from travel, people, landscapes and close-ups. I shoot in RAW 99% of the time and post processing is done with Sony's Image Data Converter Ver. 5 and from there to Adobe PhotoShop. Looking forward to hearing from other "old" Sony users! I've posted a few of my photo's here: https://yourshot.nationalgeographic....ofile/534990/#
    Last edited by Ron Dunnington; 08-26-2018, 08:26 AM. Reason: Added link to some of my photo's

Welcome,

I'm not a sony user, but it does sound like we're from a similar generation. I used to dream of a Nikon F, but it was decades later before I finally got a Nikon (not quite an F).

Have fun here, and I hope you find things to interest you.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Working...
    X