Hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

I'm Tom, a dentist from North East England. I'm very new to retouching/restoring photos but not a total newcomer to Photoshop. I've found a boxful of old family photos, some going back to around 1900 or so, with varying aspects of damage/fading etc. I suppose you could say I have my work cut out!

I'm looking forward to chatting with some of you and learning as much as I can!

Tom

Welcome aboard! Let me know if you have any questions.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson View Post
      Welcome aboard! Let me know if you have any questions.
      Thank you Doug, I will do!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mark Wilson
        Hello from Ireland
        by Mark Wilson
        Hi guys.

Just registered and saying a big hello. I've been restoring photos for some time and been a Photoshop power user since PS 2.0 but still found tons of great info on this forum.

I get a great sense of enjoyment and satisfaction from restoring old photos. I've long...
        11-02-2008, 03:53 PM
      • Skinnifatkid
        Hello from Edmonton Ab
        by Skinnifatkid
        Hello to the RP crowd. I'm 42, live in the Great White north of Edmonton. I'm in my 23rd year of the military. I am a hobbiest photographer and do enjoy very much being able to fix old photos for family and friends.

When possible, I like to combine passions and will use my motorcycle,...
        09-18-2013, 09:21 AM
      • Chantal
        WCIF unretouched photos :)?
        by Chantal
        Hello everyone! I guess I'm new on this forum, well not to this retouching world.

I'm Chantal and I had a question, I hope you have the answer. I'm looking for unretouched photos, I don't mind make-up but I'd loved to work on 'raw' material and I need unretouched photos for my exam-project....
        09-07-2011, 02:47 PM
      • Julianne V.
        looking for advise on historic WWII photos
        by Julianne V.
        I have photos taken by my Father in Japan '45 and '46. After seeing the cost of having them restored, I decided to learn how to do it myself. I work in photoshop cs, and have been at it a bit more than a year. What are my chances of making a REAL QUALITY restoration of photos such as this? I'm new...
        12-04-2005, 03:56 PM
      • jeaniesa
        Fire proof safes?
        by jeaniesa
        Since I've been holding onto a few clients' photos waiting for my new scanner to arrive, I've begun to really worry about the fires here in CO. There aren't any burning near me at the moment, but sitting outside last night, I had ash falling on my from a fire 150 miles away. And today there's a smoke...
        Yes, a large one with a high heat rating
        12.50%
        Yes, but only a small personal one
        31.25%
        No, I hadn't even thought about it
        37.50%
        Other
        18.75%
        06-10-2002, 02:11 PM
      Working...
      X