What are you reading right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you reading right now?

I've been on a reading jag recently, and the music thread prompted me to wonder what you guys are reading today (computer manuals, websites, cookbooks, textbooks, etc., don't count )

I just finished Al Franken's Lies this morning. Now I'm a couple of chapters into Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

"Small Wonder : Essays" by Barbara Kingsolver

Comment

A+ Certification exam study guide

- David

Comment

At that particular moment, I was reading the thread, "What are you reading right now?" Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up.

Ed

Comment

Warrior Class - Dale Brown. I'm really struggling with it. I've tried to get into it a number of times, being a bit of a Dale Brown fan, but this one just isn't grabbing me. I put it down the other night in favour of reading "The Tao of Layering" in the Photoshop 5 Bible... sad huh?!

Cheers
          Tony

Comment

Just about done with 2:

The killers next door, Joel Norris - I like true murder.

and ---

The Ship and the Storm "Hurricane Mitch and the loss of the Fantome"

My husbands mother and father took a trip on the Fantome and we just came back from a Windjammer trip -- so this book was a must.

Comment

"Under the Banner of Heaven" - true crime plus a history of the Mormons.

!

Comment

The Memory Bible by Gary Small M.D. and Scaredy Cat by Mark Billingham.

Bob

Comment

Like ExclamPT, its "Under the Banner of Heaven." A fascinating book, for sure. Actually, that's the one that I just finished. I'm now in the let down phase that comes after you've finished a really good book and don't know what to read next.

Comment

The current Rolling Stone...ok, I have a short attention span

In addition to that, I do read short bursts from Photoshop Studio Techniques here and there. Here's hoping some of it sinks in some day!

Comment

Just restarting Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series of novels.

Comment

Currently reading -

- The Gnostic Gospels, Elaine Pagels
                        - FBI's Crime Classification Manual, Douglas, Burgess, Ressler.

Human expression manifests itself in so many ways. The psychology of behaviour is a favourite of mine, especially the more extreme, criminal and religion, opposite means to the same ends.

--- Every hour hurts, the last one kills ---

** Paris **

Comment

Currently reading - "Zinn & The Art Of Mountain Bike Maintenance" by Lennard Zinn

...and reading the latest National Geographic!

Chris - How many novels are there in that series? I read somewhere that Master & Commander was the combination of 2?

Comment

Greg, dont quote me but 22 or so. The film was two books combined but of course film adaptations are always fairly 'flexible'!

Great reading, the bedrock of the books being the interaction between Aubrey the captain and Maturin the surgeon/spy punctuated with sea battles and intrigue.

Just done a tour of second hand bookshops in the north and came back with some absolute gems. Just starting on one of them 'London Diaries' by James Boswell.
                            Last edited by chris h; 12-16-2003, 10:25 AM.

Comment

While recuperating from a bad cold just recently I read and

Recommend Highly:

House Of Sand and Fog by DuBois
                              River King by Alice Hoffman
                              Middle Age; A Romance by Joyce Carol Oates
                              Shutter Island by Lehane

Enjoyed:
                              The Da Vinci Code and Demons & Angels by Brown

My husbnd who likes historical fiction has been reading books by Allan Mallinson( he's like Patrick O'Brien) recently and enjoys them.

PC

Comment