Google toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google toolbar

Does anyone use the Google toolbar? It looks great (especially the popup blocker part), but I'm concerned about the real estate it takes up on my desktop.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

It comes in pretty handy and you get used to the loss of space. I have had the tool bar for about a year now and really like it. The popup blocker works pretty darn good too!

Comment

I have the Google toolbar, but I use Panicware's pop-up blocker. The toolbar takes up about 1/2" of space, all along the top of the window. I opted to not use the special features of the toolbar because of privacy concerns. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I think it's too easy for others to get private information.

Ed

Comment

Have you tried any of the Mozilla browsers Ed, Firebird is particularly good. I was told the google bar is one of the few without spyware but I might be corrected.
        More info on the 'Software' thread.

Comment

I LOVE Google toolbar. It stops about 98% of pop ups, and it's very handy.
          I don't consider it a waste of "real estate" at all. It doesn't take up any more room than the other tool bars.

Comment

Originally posted by chris h
            Have you tried any of the Mozilla browsers Ed, Firebird is particularly good. I was told the google bar is one of the few without spyware but I might be corrected.
            More info on the 'Software' thread.
            I haven't tried it Chris. What does it offer that IE doesn't?

Ed

Comment

I know this is not quite the topic, but here is an alternate solution. I use Opera browser and it has a google search feature built into its toolbar. You can also deal with popups in more than one way. The way I have it set is to allow only user-requested popups. Other methods are to block all, allow all, or open in background.

Comment

I think it's great. I was using Panicware, but since using the Google toolbar I uninstalled Panicware. I also use Google to search very frequently, and this provides easy access. Also easy access to the language translation feature...

It's not that much real estate, and you can even grab and slide it up into an empty space, see the attached...

[new] If you really want it to be as small as possible, you can click on 'Options' to deselect the features you don't want to show. Also try sliding the borders between icons...

Scott
                Attached Files
                Last edited by sdubose99; 01-17-2004, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I have been using it for 2 or 3 months now. Like Scott, I use it for searches as well as the popup blocker (750 and counting). :-)

Catia

Comment

What you don't know about Google (good stuff)

Google has some pretty fantastice features that many users don't know about.
                    Check out this site to learn more:
                    http://www.sreetips.com/google.html

Comment

Working...
                    X