Real life color picker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real life color picker

I've been doing some bead weaving designs and one of the problems is trying to match the color of the actual beads to the colors on the screen.

What the world needs is a wand-like device that I could poke at a real-world article and have that color picked in my graphics program.

Margaret

I've been in that situation a time or two myself. Maybe Photoshop 9 will include that.

Ed

Comment

They exist, but they ain't cheap. I believe they're called colorimeters.
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I bought one a few months back when I was given the thankless task of finding thousands of CMYK colour values from fabrics and textiles. They work better on flat areas but are fairly good. I got mine from pantone, but I am sure there would be other places.

http://www.pantone.com/products/prod...s=0&ShowNav=24

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• G. Couch
          psychology of color (sort of long)
          by G. Couch
          I came across an interesting article about digital color a while back, that I can't find now... Anyway, the basic gist of the article was how artists have to be trained to ignore the psychology of color in order to produce realistic imagery. The author used 3-D art, such as digital movie effects, as...
          06-10-2002, 11:31 PM
        • Nasturtium
          my place in geekdom is confirmed
          by Nasturtium

I really have a hard time finding lipstick the right color. And have thrown away too much money on the wrong color.

So I thought - why doesn't someone make an application where you take a photo of yourself with a white piece of paper. Then your true lip color could be...
          07-02-2010, 06:40 AM
        • KR1156
          Any Recommendations?
          by KR1156
          I'm looking to step my game up on color correcting and gaining a better understanding of color theory and color modes....and was just curious if anyone could recommend some books that they have read or heard were great to learn from. I have a pretty good understanding of cmyk since i've been doing...
          06-16-2006, 10:17 AM
        • Jakaleena
          Changing Colors on an Image?
          by Jakaleena
          I'm not new to computers or the internet, but I am a complete novice at using Photoshop 6. I'm a contractor and I'm trying to find a way to show people what their house would look like after changing some colors for example their siding or their shutters. I thought it should be a relatively simple thing...
          07-19-2002, 07:15 AM
        • dell8092
          Getting Pixel Color In VB
          by dell8092
          Could someone please tell me how to get the individual pixel color of a document in Photoshop using VB? I have tried it multiple ways and the only way I can truly get it is through the histogram. However, that is extremely slow!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in...
          05-20-2004, 10:16 AM
        Working...
        X