Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jill
    replied
    Here is another "Live" listener, love them!....Fleetwood Mac (any) Bad Company (any) and believe it or not...Toby Keith. I drive my husband crazy because these are my 4 favorite groups and I listen to them loud and over and over again! My husband is a singer and cannot fathom listening to the same over and over but I like it and it really is relaxing for me!

Leave a comment:

• Dolby
    replied
    Ummmm...........think I'm the odd one out.
    I mostly listen to "Live' or similar when Photoshop's open.

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    Doug,

I tried your link, and signed in. When I tried to play a station, it kept telling me it was having connecting problems. I tried seven different stations. Is this typical? It looks like a great site (if it works!).

Okay, now to the question at hand. It depends what kind of mood I'm in as to what I listen to. Mostly though, if I'm doing Photoshop work, it will tend to be something on the soft side, or maybe blues, or maybe nothing at all. Fast paced stuff doesn't seem to go along with Photoshop work, although I do enjoy some of that too!

Ed

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    I've always enjoyed working to music (don't know if it makes me work any better or not) and generally choose classical music for anything delicate like photo retouching or something upbeat if I'm in a whacky, expansive, artistic mood - my taste in music is pretty broad.

Faves:-

Beethoven (piano sonatas)
    Mozart (anything)
    Puccini (operas)
    Rachmaninov (piano concertos)
    Billy Joel
    Peter Gabriel
    Oliver Mtukudzi
    Simply Red
    Tears for Fears
    Sheryl Crow
    The Corrs
    Boyzone
    Movie soundtracks, like The English Patient, Braveheart, Out of Africa, Shine, Titanic

Okay, so I'm old-fashioned and middle-of-the-road ... so what?

Leave a comment:

• jeaniesa
    replied
    I was a massage therapist in another life and still love all of the music I played during massage sessions, so I tend to listen to the same CD's while I'm working on a photo. I put the CD in my husband's computer, since it has better speakers than mine (and it's in the same room.) Some of my favorites:

Peacemaker's Journey - Joanne Shenandoah
    Life Blood - Joanne Shenandoah & Peter Kater
    Canyon Lullaby - Paul Winter (soprano sax solos in the Grand Canyon)
    Canyon Spirit - John Huling (Native American flute)
    Through High Places - Calvin Jones (solo piano)
    Reflections - Craig Monticone (solo piano)
    The Painter - John Boswell (solo piano)
    And when I'm in an upbeat mood:
    Adiemus: Songs of Sanctuary (as in "place of refuge")

And sometimes (a lot of the time actually), I work in silence.
    Jeanie

Leave a comment:

• thomasgeorge
    replied
    I find traditional Celtic music played on period insturments and Traditional American folk songs by the likes of Burl Ives, Leadbelly, etc. to be refreshing. I usually listen to it off either 33 1/3 or 78 rpm albums or tape. Tom

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    started a topic Music to retouch by

Music to retouch by

Do you listen to music while you work on images? I do. Always.

What do you listen to, and how?

I'll usually listen to MSN radio (internet radio), usually one of their "new age" stations. I've grown to be a fan of their programming.

So, do you jam or bliss out?
Working...
X