No announcement yet.

Stromboli recipe

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
    Living The American Dream
    Ed_L
    For those of you who might not know what "The American Dream" is, it's home ownership. This morning, my wife was doing the laundry, and I happened to walk down into the basement, where the washer and dryer is. I noticed that the floor was partially flooded. The sump pump quit working, and...
    09-05-2002, 07:20 PM
  • Ed_L
    Bed Making 101
    Ed_L
    My wife needed to leave for a while early this morning. I told her to go, and I would make the bed. She left, and while I was pulling a fitted sheet over the corner of the mattress, I heard sort of a snapping noise. When I looked down here's what I saw:

Ed...
    05-16-2002, 12:18 PM
  • Ed_L
    Our new bird feeder
    Ed_L
    Here it is:

Ed...
    05-24-2002, 10:30 AM
  • Ed_L
    Nap time
    Ed_L
    You can tell who the boos is by who sleeps with the toys!

Ed...
    11-07-2002, 08:34 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Every restorer's most important tool
    Doug Nelson
    I am, of course, speaking of coffee. The elixer of life.

I'm partial to a Kona blend I get at the grocery store (I know, true afficianados will be cringing here). I used to make it in a french press, but it didn't make enough (!) and it got cold too soon, so I switched over to the ubiquitous...
    08-11-2001, 08:07 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stromboli recipe

Everyone has a cookbook -- why shouldn't we? (This coming from a guy who knows how to burn water) . My wife is a good cook, but she doesn't use recipes most of the time. So I won't be able to give recipes except for the ones I find in her cookbooks after I wipe the dust off of them. If you have a recipe you'd like to share, name your post "_________ recipe". That way it will be easy for anyone to find a recipe by searching for "recipe". Here's an easy one that even I can make. It was a government recipe that was given to a juvenile detention center where my wife was a nurse. If you like pizza, you'll probably like this.

2 1/2 lb. ground chuck
    1/8 cup chopped onion
    3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon oregano
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 cup parmesan cheese
    1 cup pizza sauce

Brown ground chuck and onion.
    Drain.
    Add next 4 ingredients.
    Remove from heat and mix in pizza sauce.

3 ounces margarine
    3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
    grated mozzerella cheese

Beat margarine with garlic powder and paprika until well mixed.

Using the hard rolls (like french bread) that you can buy in the grocery store, spread the margarine on the bread (inside) much as you would butter toast (I like mine pretty heavily spread). Add the ground chuck mixture, then top with grated cheese. We put each sandwich in the microwave for about 60 seconds to melt the cheese. You could probably also put them in the oven if you prefer more of a toasted sandwich.

Note: I cut the recipe for the meat in half because it makes so much, but I do not cut the margarine spread because it seems we run out of it before we run out of the meat. This should yield about 8 - 10 sandwiches or so depending on how much meat you use per sandwich. We usually serve this with fries, but it's your choice. Kids love it, as do most adults.

Ed

Good idea and good way to appeal to the food lovers on the site. Looks like a tasty recipe.
    DJ

Comment

Ed,

What a great idea for a thread! I am always looking for good recipes. I will definitely have to add a few.

-T

Comment

Great! I didn't think there was much interest in the thread. Maybe someone else will submit something yummy. Post a good one, then I'll put another one on here.

Ed

Comment

Lot of recepies

Hi everyone,
          I'm new member, and after I was read all tutorials and tips I found a recepie department.
          So I can give something to you. There is a address of my wife's web page with her cakes:
          Cake Page
          There is a pdf file for download, but this recepies are written in croatian language, but pictures no need translation.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english...

Comment

Zac,
            Welcome to Retouch Pro. We're glad you enjoyed the tutorials and tips. The cakes your wife makes are beautiful. She is a real artist in cakes. Makes me hungry looking at them.
            DJ

Comment

Hi Zak,

A warm welcome from me too. Now if you could just get the recipes translated...... Of course if you don't do that, you won't feel guilty about me adding on about 50 pounds. By the way, your English is fine. It's my only language, and I slaughter it myself!

Ed

Comment

Re: Stromboli recipe

Thanks for posting this delicious sounding receipe, Ed. I am glad that I came across the cookbook thread and decided to check it out. I will certainly be trying this in the new year. I love pizza!

Comment

Re: Stromboli recipe

<h1>hello</h1>

Comment

Working...
                  X