Hanukkah Noshers recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanukkah Noshers recipe

It looks as if most people on the site either don't like to eat or don't like to cook. Here's a recipe for doggie treats!

Makes 30 chewish Jewish delights

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

1 egg

1/2 cup natural peanut butter

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/4 cups water

4 cups whole wheat flour

1/2 cup cornmeal

1/2 cup quick-cook oats

1/4 cup chopped peanuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine applesauce, egg, peanut butter, vanilla and water.

In a second bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, oats and peanuts.

Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.

Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until thoroughly mixed together. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thich and cut out into shapes (animals, stars, whatever).

Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Cool on rack before serving. Store in a sealed container.

Our dogs love 'em!

Ed
    Last edited by Ed_L; 03-25-2002, 11:30 AM.

Hey that was a good idea Ed. When you think of the outrageous prices you pay for those treats in the stores and don't know what really goes into making them, this looks like a great alternative and very too. Have to give that a try. I can't leave the house with out Kayli begging for a treat. Bet she'd love this recipe.

One question though. Is that chopped peanuts or chunky peanut butter listed at the bottom?? You already listed peanut butter at the top.
    DJ
    Last edited by DJ Dubovsky; 03-25-2002, 09:28 AM.

Comment

That's chopped peanuts. Thanks for catching it. I'll have to edit my post. We found the recipe on the net around the holidays. There was another one called Fleas Navidad , but it didn't trigger their taste buds as well.

Ed

Comment

It doesn't take much to get Kayli's taste buds going. I found her eating a small lemon once and had to fight with her to get it away. She loves all fruits and veggies no matter how sour so I think she would eat just about anything.
        DJ

Comment