X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raniday
    • Sep 2004

Outback's Alice Springs Chicken

This is one of my favorites, tastes like you went to lots of trouble, but it's very easy. I've had it at Outback restaurant, and it's maybe slightly better there but not much. I found it at a site called CopyCat Recipes. They have lots of your favorite restaurant recipes.

The only changes I make are that I cook it in a cast iron Dutch oven type skillet, use bone-in breast halves and cook them a little longer, and I use turkey bacon cooked in olive oil instead of pork.

Outback's Alice Springs Chicken

Honey Mustard Marinade:
    1/2 cup Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
    1/2 cup honey
    1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
    1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

Chicken:
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    2 cups sliced mushrooms (10-12 mushrooms)
    2 tablespoons butter
    salt and pepper
    paprika
    8 slices bacon, cooked
    1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions: Combine mustard, honey, oil and lemon juice in small bowl. Whip mixture for about 30 seconds. Pour about 2/3 of marinade over the chicken breasts and marinate them in the refrigerator, for about 2 hours. Chill remaining marinade until later. After the chicken has marinated, preheat oven to 375 F and heat up an ovenproof frying pan (large enough to hold all four breasts) with 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Sear chicken in pan for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove the pan from heat, but keep the chicken in the pan. As the chicken is cooking, sauté the sliced mushrooms in butter in a small frying pan. Brush each seared chicken breast with a little of the reserved honey mustard marinade (not the portion the chicken marinated in), being sure to save a little extra to serve as a side. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika. Stack two pieces of cooked bacon, crosswise, on each chicken breast. Spoon the sautéed mushrooms on the bacon, being sure to coat each breast evenly. Spread 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese onto each breast, followed by 1/4 cup of Cheddar. Bake the pan of chicken for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted and starting to bubble. Sprinkle each chicken breast with 1/2 teaspoon parsley before serving. Place extra marinade in small bowl to serve on the side.
  • amygeiger
    • Aug 2008

Re: Outback's Alice Springs Chicken

How funny I found this site for photo stuff and end up reading recipes first! ha! I LOVE this chicken, too. Will definitely try this recipe out - yum. Ok - now on to read photo related posts! I can definitely see myself lingering around these topics often though :-)

Comment