Sweet Potato Waffles w/ Homemade Apple Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Potato Waffles w/ Homemade Apple Sauce

I use same recipe with regular potatos. Shred 5 or 6 yams or potatos, Put in strainer and press out liquid with a cup (more comes out w/ reg. potatos). Set liquid aside to settle. Eventually pour off liquid and keep starch which has setttled. Add 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup flour, and 3 Tsp oil (I like Olive Oil) to starch. Make batter. Salt & Pepper to taste, Fresh parsley is good too. Fold in potato to batter. Cook in waffle iron on high heat till crisp (8 mins?)

Cook down 1 bag of good New York State Apples (say Cortlands or Empires). Serve on top or on side of Potato Waffle.

Reminds me of the German potato pancakes we get with applesauce topping. I never had it with sweet potatoes. Sounds delicious.
    DJ

Comment

DJ, you stole my lines! That's exactly what I was going to say.

Ed

Comment

I beat you to it. With that last name I bet you know alot of good German dishes.
        DJ

Comment

I want to know why none of you have picked up on my recipes requirement for real New York State Apples?

Comment

Deb,

Actually I'm 3/4 French, believe it or not! The name is definitely German, and that makes up my other 1/4. (Dad was half French and half German, while Mom was of French descent.

Gerry,

I caught that, but wasn't sure if I should mention it.

Ed

Comment

Don't apples grow in New York?
              DJ

Comment

Only the BIG apples!

Ed

Comment

Cortlands & Empires developed here

The Genesee River Valley, just north of us, is wall to wall fruit orchards. China is the Worlds largest exporter of apples I have heard. G

Comment

Working...
                  X