X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerry Monaghan
    replied
    Cortlands & Empires developed here

The Genesee River Valley, just north of us, is wall to wall fruit orchards. China is the Worlds largest exporter of apples I have heard. G

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    Only the BIG apples!

Ed

Leave a comment:

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    Don't apples grow in New York?
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    Deb,

Actually I'm 3/4 French, believe it or not! The name is definitely German, and that makes up my other 1/4. (Dad was half French and half German, while Mom was of French descent.

Gerry,

I caught that, but wasn't sure if I should mention it.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• Gerry Monaghan
    replied
    I want to know why none of you have picked up on my recipes requirement for real New York State Apples?

Leave a comment:

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    I beat you to it. With that last name I bet you know alot of good German dishes.
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    DJ, you stole my lines! That's exactly what I was going to say.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    Reminds me of the German potato pancakes we get with applesauce topping. I never had it with sweet potatoes. Sounds delicious.
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• Gerry Monaghan
    started a topic Sweet Potato Waffles w/ Homemade Apple Sauce

Sweet Potato Waffles w/ Homemade Apple Sauce

I use same recipe with regular potatos. Shred 5 or 6 yams or potatos, Put in strainer and press out liquid with a cup (more comes out w/ reg. potatos). Set liquid aside to settle. Eventually pour off liquid and keep starch which has setttled. Add 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup flour, and 3 Tsp oil (I like Olive Oil) to starch. Make batter. Salt & Pepper to taste, Fresh parsley is good too. Fold in potato to batter. Cook in waffle iron on high heat till crisp (8 mins?)

Cook down 1 bag of good New York State Apples (say Cortlands or Empires). Serve on top or on side of Potato Waffle.
Working...
X