Beer Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Dip

This was a chip dip my Mother would make when I was growing up. If you like the taste of beer then you will like this one.

1 package Philidelphia Cream Cheese
    4 to 6 slices of bacon cooked to a crisp and crumbled
    beer of your choice

Mix the bacon bits and cream cheese together and start pouring in beer until it reaches a smooth creamy dip consistancy. Refrigerate awhile and serve as a chip dip. This will probably only take around 1/2 to 3/4 cups of the beer. You want it to be soft enough so you don't break your chip in half when dipping.

DJ

Now you post it! Twenty years afrter I quit drinking beer.

Ed

Comment

Guess you'll just have to use Near Beer Ed.
      DJ

Comment

Need your opinion

DJ:

Dilemma:

To verify beer purity and quality should the would-be chef periodically taste what would normally be "leftover beer" as it's being added to the cream cheese, or wait until the dip is of the proper consistency and then slosh down the remainder?

Curious (sick?) minds want to know. What do you recommend?

DannyR

Comment

In that case, maybe you should start off with a 6 pack.
          DJ

Comment

wow this sounds easy enough... any reason I couldn't use a dark beer ?

Comment

Not that I know of. Especially if that's the kind of beer taste you enjoy. I usually recommend using your favorite beer.
              DJ

Comment

ah!.... how timely... Pam just came home with a 6 pack of NEWCASTLE BROWN ALE ... now if I can get one away from her.. we have the rest on hand...

Comment

Just don't use Bacon bits. Use real criply fried bacon. It's alot better tasting.
                  DJ

Comment

just so happens....... my neighbor gets us slabs of very good bacon in lake city when he goes up... no fear...

Comment

Well, hell, you're all set. Got any chips to dip in them?
                      DJ

Comment

well no chips... dang it... will have to settle for wheat thins ..triskets and nacho chips...

Comment

awesome dip... once i drained the grease from the pan I poured some beer into it to get all them tasty little grains..
                          love it and simple too..
                          used a little less than four ounces of beer.. have 2/3rds left.... what to do what to do

Comment

Glad you liked it Ron. I guess you will just have to drink the rest. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.
                            DJ

Comment

Just when I thought life couldn't get any better pam suggested putting in some horse radish sauce... as her favorite was bacon and horse radish... for those who like it ... about a heaping tablespoon gives it some bite without losing the beer taste.

Comment

Working...
                              X