Related Topics

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's cooking tonight?

Tonight I have company over, so I'm making rosemary chicken, wild rice w/mushrooms, orange glazed carrots, and parmesan/black pepper bread.

What are YOU cooking tonight?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: What's cooking tonight?

Cooking? Me?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson View Post
      Tonight I have company over, so I'm making rosemary chicken, wild rice w/mushrooms, orange glazed carrots, and parmesan/black pepper bread.

What are YOU cooking tonight?
      Sounds delicious, set up a plate for me too, will ya?

Comment

Grilled pork chops with guava sauce baste, mashed potatoes and little green peas.

Comment

I overcooked the chicken a little
          But everything was a hit. My own favorite was the bread, as I'd never made it before.

The pork chops sound great! Are you charcoal grilling?
          Learn by teaching

Comment

I cooked a leg of lamb with roasted carrots and butternut last night...it was delicious! Tonight it's tuna pasta.

Comment

I'll pass on the tuna pasta, but the lamb sounds wonderful.

Were the carrots and squash one recipe, or separate? Please share if they're together.
              Learn by teaching

Comment

I just pop them into the pan with whatever I'm roasting...probably very unhealthy but so yummy!

Comment

>>>>Are you charcoal grilling?

We grill every chance we get year round.

Guava baste:
                  1/4 Cup Guava jelly (I like the brand Goya - either in the jelly aisle or with Latin foods)
                  1/4 Tsp lemon juice
                  1 TB water
                  Salt & Pepper to taste

Baste chops while they are grilling. Use any leftover mix as a garnish on the chops.

Comment

beef, mushroom and noodle soup. was taaaaaaaaaasty

Comment

That does sound like a good soup (and I have a weakness for soups in general).

There's a fatfree mushroom gravy available at my local supermarket, usually 2 (or sometimes 3) cans for a dollar. It makes a great starter for a couple of my favorite microwave soups (it's even lowcal and vegetarian for those that care about such things). I like using shell macs instead of noodles (they hold more gravy). I suspect most of my soups would actually be more accurately classified as stews, but I'd feel like I couldn't use crackers if I called them stew.
                      Learn by teaching

Comment

2009 appears to be shaping up as the year of the mini-quiche.

Friday is pizza night so I've bought some 'kits' to make.

Comment

For me its another Sunday roast. I have a cast iron deep skillet with a lid. yes, its dangerously heavy. but makes a pot roast to cry for!
                          Beef roast,scallions, potatoes, carrots,green beans on the side, gravy,rolls. and I think I have some pepperidge farms chocolate cake left in the freezer along with some rocky roads ice cream for desert.
                          Of course the tradition is dinner and a movie. So I downloaded and burned 'Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons'.
                          full rounded evening!

Comment

Dragged the grill out today for BBQ pork steaks tomorrow. Going to try grilling asparagus, as well, and I found a recipe for blue cheese potatoes that sounds good.
                            Learn by teaching

Comment

try grilling the asparagus in a butter sauce with a bit of wild green onion.

lake bass is one of my favorites, breaded and fried up in canola oil. and since we just happen to have a lake with lake bass in it... yum!

Comment

Working...
                              X