Recipe Fish with peach salsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipe Fish with peach salsa

Maybe I should have taken a picture of this.

Tonight I had picked up a couple pounds of fresh Alaskan troll caught King Salmon and had no idea what I wanted to do with it [besides eat it].

I decided that I was going to make a peach Salsa for it. Great hit.

Salsa:

3 fresh wonderful peaches- easier if just a bit firm- diced, about pea size dice

!/2 Cup onion- diced smaller

about a cup of diced fresh tomatoes- I bet a green one diced in would be good too

cup of chopped cilantro

1 fairly hot jalepino diced

Juice of 2 lemons-- just add what ever acid tastes good to you need a little to retain color--

salt and pepper-- the salt makes the peaches even sweeter

Make a lot extra- it is great on french bread!

The fish:

Salmon on the webber-Salt and pepper [I cook most of my fish to an internal temp of 115 degrees, that is a bit on the rare side but if you can get really fresh catch, its fine without cooking]

I've never actually used a Salsa with salmon before usually use Hallibut or cod, I think this was wonderful.

Sounds great! ...will have to try it this weekend. I might substitute the jalapeno with some mild green chilies and the lemon with lime.

Good point on cooking the fish a bit rare...especially Salmon.

Comment

Hope you enjoy.

If the heat of the Jalopena bothers you, rather than a sweet green bell pepper which can be bitter, I'd us an Anahime [I know I buchered that spelling]. It will have the flavor of a chile without the heat. This would also be good on the fresh snapper [rock fish] you have there.
      Last edited by Robt; 08-24-2004, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
        Mostaccioli
        by Doug Nelson
        Moving a year ago had the unintended consequence of losing all my cooking gear (long story). Now, finally a year later I've gotten around to rebuying all the pots, pans, gadgets, etc., and getting back into the kitchen (for the curious, I've been microwaving and eating out a lot). The loss wasn't entirely...
        01-05-2009, 11:54 AM
      • DJ Dubovsky
        Tex Mex Chili
        by DJ Dubovsky
        This is a recipe I was introduced to by a neighbor when I was pregnant. I had just eaten supper but as a kind gesture for his labor, I aggreed to a small bowl as a taste test.
        Well, 5 bowls later and bursting at the seams, I decided to take home the recipe. Which I did and made some the next...
        06-05-2002, 06:17 PM
      • jeaniesa
        Red Lentil Soup with Curry and Coconut Milk
        by jeaniesa
        I actually love to cook - I just haven't had time to add anything to this cookbook. Plus, when I look at some of the recipes that have been submitted, I realize that the recipes I like may not be shared by a vast majority of the members here. But, knowing now that at least one other person is a vegetarian...
        03-28-2002, 10:05 AM
      • Ed_L
        Stromboli recipe
        by Ed_L
        Everyone has a cookbook -- why shouldn't we? (This coming from a guy who knows how to burn water) . My wife is a good cook, but she doesn't use recipes most of the time. So I won't be able to give recipes except for the ones I find in her cookbooks after I wipe the dust off of them. If you have...
        02-23-2002, 08:44 AM
      • jeaniesa
        Grilled New Potato Salad
        by jeaniesa
        I was looking for a "different" potato salad and found this one in my Field of Greens cookbook. I made it tonight and it is soooo good! Enjoy!

Grilled New Potato Salad with Cherry Tomatoes, Summer Beans and Basil

2 pounds new potatoes
        Light olive oil...
        07-09-2002, 09:13 PM
      Working...
      X