Prairie Home Companion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prairie Home Companion

I finally got to see it. I am a huge fan of the radio show, and thought it was really good especially the ending.

Anyone else?

Mike

I'm (a) a Minnesotan and a long-time listener, and (b) a big admirer of Altman's work so, yup, I rushed right out and saw it. And liked it.

The fact that Lindsay Lohan bears a resemblance to my younger daughter that in certain lights and at certain angles is so striking as to be spooky - even down to gestures & body language - added to the experience. I almost fell out of my seat the first time she appeared on screen.

I thought it was a sweet, funny, good-natured movie. My other daughter, who isn't a PHC listener, saw it with me and was less enthralled and of course didn't get a lot of it but enjoyed it nonetheless except for Virginia Madsen who for some reason just annoyed the bejeebers out of her.

dc

Comment

Re: Prairie Home Companion

I've been a Prairie Home Companion fan for many years, listening to the show and reading Keillor's books, so I looked forward to seeing the movie and wasn't disappointed. I guess it's the mark of a good movie, but I kept dreading for it to be over. I wanted to stay right there in that off beat world with Garrison, Lily, Merrel and Kevin.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• G. Couch
        Dancer in the Dark
        by G. Couch
        Yet another, "has anyone seen this"? My brother and his wife really want to rent it but can't seem to find a copy (she is a big Bjork fan). I was going to buy it for them as a gift but wondered if it's worth it?....I heard good things but that is is a little strange as far as genre. (part...
        09-10-2002, 01:53 AM
      • Doug Nelson
        "Remembering" vs. "Rewatching"
        by Doug Nelson
        I recently got into a conversation and mentioned that a movie they mentioned remembered better than it rewatched. The person I was speaking with had no idea what I was talking about, but I'd assumed everyone thought about movies in that way. Some movies simply seem better in the memory, even very recent...
        05-24-2006, 12:47 PM
      • chiquitita
        Harold and Maude
        by chiquitita
        My favorite movie is Harold and Maude - with Bud Cort and Ruth Gordon - anyone seen it? No not Mickey and Maude - Harold and Maude!

Do you enjoy knives?
        07-02-2002, 09:39 PM
      • winwintoo
        Movie Stinker
        by winwintoo
        I have three grandchildren, so I end up seeing a lot of children's movies. We eagerly awaited the release of Lilo & Stitch thinking it was a cuddly lost dog kind of movie.

The only cuddly parts are what is shown in all the tv ads that we've been inundated with.

The...
        06-23-2002, 07:05 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        Mindwalk
        by Doug Nelson
        There's another thread here about books that have changed our lives. Well, here's a movie that changed mine.

Mindwalk is 12 years old, and I hadn't watched it for at least 6 years, but it was on cable this morning so I rewatched it, and I was astounded at how many of the thoughts expressed...
        07-05-2002, 10:19 PM
      Working...
      X