Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ItzRandy
    replied
    One of my all time favorites has got to be Silverado with Kevin Kline, Scott Glenn and some unknown named Costner!

Beyond that one, I've always liked High Plains Drifter with Eastwood and another Eastwood one, Pale Rider.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Jakaleena
    replied
    Originally posted by G. Couch
    Tombstone was good...mostly due to Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holiday.
    I agree. He did a really good job in that movie.

Leave a comment:

• Jakaleena
    replied
    I love westerns! When I was a kid, we lived with my grandparents. My grandpa (Papaw) never missed a western. You could show up at about any time of the day or night and see Bonanza, The Rifleman, Gunsmoke, Palladin or just about any other horse opera you chose. Here are my two favorite western movies:

The Magnificent Seven
    The Ballad of Cat Ballou

Leave a comment:

• G. Couch
    replied
    Tombstone was good...mostly due to Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holiday.

Leave a comment:

• chris h
    replied
    Due to the limited number of westerns shot in the Uk I'll have to throw in a classic US production....

The Searchers with John Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    Oh yeah, add the funny James Garner westerns to my list, like "Support your local sheriff", "Support your local gunfighter", and "Skin game".

Leave a comment:

• Steve Taylor
    replied
    I liked both of the Young Guns Movies. Maybe not the most accurate portrail of the life of William H. Bonney (aka Billy The Kid)
    but it was entertaining.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    started a topic Good westerns

Good westerns

Talking to a friend made me realize how few good western movies there are out there, so I thought I'd get some recommendations.

As for my own:

Anything with Clint Eastwood (except 'Paint Your Wagon')
    Most Kevin Costner westerns (but only his westerns)
    Tom Selleck westerns (at least the more recent ones)

Come to think of it, I guess I'm pretty non-discriminating about westerns, as long as they don't involve singing cowboys
Working...
X