• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
    The Gathering Storm
    by Doug Nelson
    As a relatively apolitical American, my knowledge of Winston Churchill is limited to a few soundbites and anecdotes. As such, I have no way of knowing how true The Gathering Storm is...but I hope it's very true.

The movie, a made for HBO film (but should be available to rent soon), opens...
    05-05-2002, 11:23 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    The Last Samurai
    by Doug Nelson
    Edward Zwick is a more-than competent director who has made some capable movies, and some that I physically detest. This is largely the fault of his love of the "ideal worth dying for", which is central to most of his movies. I, on the other hand, feel few ideals are worth even discussing,...
    05-27-2004, 03:50 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Moulin Rouge
    by Doug Nelson
    God, what a mess.

In junior highschool we had this guy, Tod, who would mix his lunch all together. Gravy, peas, pudding, soda, whatever, and eat the whole thing with a spoon. "What's the difference, it all goes to the same place"

Moulin Rouge tries to be hip by...
    05-11-2002, 06:36 AM
  • Ed_L
    That's Using Your Head!
    by Ed_L
    It was the final examination for an introductory English course at the local university. Like many such freshman courses, it was
    designed to weed out new students, having over 700 students in the class. The examination was two hours long, and exam booklets were
    provided. The professor...
    10-10-2001, 08:02 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    "Remembering" vs. "Rewatching"
    by Doug Nelson
    I recently got into a conversation and mentioned that a movie they mentioned remembered better than it rewatched. The person I was speaking with had no idea what I was talking about, but I'd assumed everyone thought about movies in that way. Some movies simply seem better in the memory, even very recent...
    05-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Working...
X