HDTV Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDTV Movies

I recently got a 52" LCD HDTV and joined the high resolution TV viewing crowd. I must say I underestimated the effect (which is why I waited so long). It's quite striking, and I find I have little use for regular resolution TV, even though I have many more SD channels than HD.

I also have started renting Blu-Ray discs via Netflix and watching them at full 1080p w/5.1 surrround. I've only watched 3 movies so far, but I watched one of those 4 times (Blade Runner Final Cut, w/3 different commentaries).

I find myself rewatching bits of movies I've already seen many times, and catching many things I missed, even in the original theater viewing (I got a joke in Pirates of the Carribean 3 that I totally missed before, and have paused the viewing in many movies and shows to read the bookshelves in the background).

I'll admit to becoming more than a little blase about TV and movies in general, but this has rekindled my interest.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: HDTV Movies

hehehe, 52" lcd hd, cool put some popcorn on and i'll be right there

Comment

I have to provide the entertainment AND the popcorn?

I've been rewatching older movies that have been recut by directors thrown off the project (new genre for Blu-Ray). I'm probably the only person that watches these.
      Learn by teaching

Comment

Heck with the 52 inch TV. I'll "settle" for a 52 inch high definition monitor (big cheesy grin here). Went to the store with my hubby tonight. While he was drooling over tools, I jealously watched the cashier look up a lawn mower for a customer on a monitor that blew my socks off.

I'll bring popcorn.

Janet

Comment

I do use it to browse the web. The recliner helps, too. But typing with a joystick is a pain.
          Learn by teaching

Comment

Coffe like most of the plants has different species. One of them is kenya species. If you want to learn more about it you can read an article about kenya coffee beans
            Last edited by John Lute; 09-16-2020, 06:47 AM.

Comment