• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• winwintoo
    Movie Stinker
    by winwintoo
    I have three grandchildren, so I end up seeing a lot of children's movies. We eagerly awaited the release of Lilo & Stitch thinking it was a cuddly lost dog kind of movie.

The only cuddly parts are what is shown in all the tv ads that we've been inundated with.

The...
    06-23-2002, 07:05 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Horror movies
    by Doug Nelson
    I was going to post this as a 'guilty pleasure', but I actually don't feel all that guilty about it: I love a good horror movie.

I just watched "Cube" and can recommend it (kind of gross, but excellent production values).

I'll pass on most horror series, although...
    06-03-2002, 10:57 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    The Last Samurai
    by Doug Nelson
    Edward Zwick is a more-than competent director who has made some capable movies, and some that I physically detest. This is largely the fault of his love of the "ideal worth dying for", which is central to most of his movies. I, on the other hand, feel few ideals are worth even discussing,...
    05-27-2004, 03:50 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Mindwalk
    by Doug Nelson
    There's another thread here about books that have changed our lives. Well, here's a movie that changed mine.

Mindwalk is 12 years old, and I hadn't watched it for at least 6 years, but it was on cable this morning so I rewatched it, and I was astounded at how many of the thoughts expressed...
    07-05-2002, 10:19 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Movies, movies, movies
    by Doug Nelson
    OK, we have a thread for books, a thread for music, an entire forum for cooking, it's about time we had a thread for my favorite subject: movies.

I'm a total moviephile. I have every movie channel our cable system offers, and netflix.com's biggest subscription package. And I wish I had...
    05-01-2002, 03:13 PM
Working...
X