Movies So Bad That They're Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies So Bad That They're Good

forgive me, doug. i know you have a bad movie thread and some others, but i couldnt really find one that fit this category. these are movies that are so bad, bad acting, bad writing, bad directing, possibly, but not necessarily low budget. these movies are so bad that they're fun to watch. Science Fiction Theatre 3000 made an entire television series off these movies, so, we know they're out there.

now, i'm having trouble remembering any of these right off hand... perhaps that's another quality of these movies, they're highly forgettable the only one that comes to mind, and some would disagree with this, is tim curry in rocky horror picture show. that one was actually fun, going to the theatre for a midnight showing, with folks dressing up and singing along with the actors in the movie. lol. or, maybe night of the living dead, seeing it in a packed theatre, laying on the floor in front of the front seats and looking up at the giant screen watching the zombies. oh, and now i remember one of the best of all time, Reefer Madness. lol. watching that one was hilarious. we saw it on the campus of the university of michigan in one of the halls. the entire hall was filled with marihoochee smoke. i remember walking outside and looking at the vents on the side of the building pouring out marijauna smoke. you could have gotten stoned just standing under those exhausts

ok, this is mostly about the bad movies. but we could also include 'most interesting movie events' (like the stoned hall ). oh, and no fair including any bruce campbell movies in this

Re: Movies So Bad That They're Good

This one is easy.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Lots of people don't like it, I loved it.
    Chaotic, Time Lapses, Camera Angles, Emotion, Love and Mind Erasing.

Comment

I admit I do have a soft spot for really awful movies and actually keep a collection of what I consider the most awesomely awful- just for giggles.
      One of my more recent acquisitions is an absolute shocker with Sly Stallone in it...Oooooh yeah!!! It's called "Death Race 2000" and, well, just check out the dust jacket and you'll get the idea...LOL...and the hopelessly cheesy 70s soundtrack is a crime against humanity!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Tank Girl, Anaconda, Kung Pow

sometimes a really bad movie that you can poke fun of is just what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by aartist View Post
          This one is easy.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
          Wait... ARE U CRAZY?

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - has a GREAT argument line, the script is flawless, the acting is perfect! Lights, colors, scenes, EVERYTHING just divine!

This is not a bad movie in ANY WAY

And who doesn't like it?... I'm guessing they liked American pie tho ¬¬

xx

Comment

Whatya talking about. American Pie is the best movie ever - especially the MILF scenes.
            Last edited by Markzebra; 08-22-2009, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Godmother, we both love ESOTSM.
              "Chaotic, Time Lapses, Camera Angles, Emotion, Love and Mind Erasing."
              Forgot the most important aspect of this movie: HEARTBREAK.

Comment

Pretty much anything starring Cynthia Rothrock, especially her older ones like Chin O'Brien and Lady Dragon movies.

There is a really crappy kung fu movie called King of the Kickboxers or something like that. Acting was horrible and all that. The plot was fairly standard (followed Blood Sport damn near exactly). But there was a lot of cheese in it that was quality cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Markzebra View Post
                  Whatya talking about. American Pie is the best movie ever - especially the MILF scenes.
                  Maybe u like it because the "humor" references in it are so SUBTLE

For bad comedies, I'm all in for rom coms/chick flicks like Fools Rush In

x

Comment

Playing God. I watched it the other day for the first time in about 10 years. I laughed so hard..it's just so cheesy now.

Comment

lol. i think i saw death race 2000.

let the cheese fly!

i think we could also include television in this, if you've such a mind. there is a recent series on tv now that is called something like 'war of the worlds: the return' or something like that. it's about as cheesy as it gets. poor writing, poor directing, poor acting, but with a bowl of popcorn and some friends, it makes for an interesting evening

Comment

the SyFy channel (cable and satellite) has a movie coming up. it's called something like 'Giant Shark vs Giant Octopus'... i'm sorry, i know i havent seen this one yet, but just from the advertising, it qualifies. lol.

Comment

^Is that the movie with the flying shark attacking an airplane? aha.

Piranha 3-D is amazing, filled with gore, terrible story, and nudity, typical cheesy horror movie but with massive killing piranha.

Comment

Wow old thread but what the hey !!

Not sure if its a so bad to be good title more like so bad its laughable !

For your viewing pleasure folks I say try watching Yakuza Apocalypse - I lost the thread of this halfway in but it seems to be about Vampire Yakuza in Japan running around infecting everybody and includes children being grown in a greenhouse and a guy dressed up like Zippy from Rainbow (old UK childrens show) kung fUing everybody in sight ! Not sure about plot as i was too busy giving my father strange sidewards glances through most of the movie, he bought it , not my choice...honest guv !!

Comment