Doug: no spyware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug: no spyware

I am not talking about popups from spyware - I am talking about the norton popups that continually tell me I have the firewall disabled - I disable it to view this site - Norton pops up and has a check box to disable duplicate popups but it doesn't work for me and so it pops up over and over. The point is - why do i have to disable norton to begin with to view this site? I don't have to do this anywhere else... I get so frustrated coming on here now that I avoid coming to even check the response to my question. I dread it!

It sounds like you haven't listed us as a trusted site with Norton. Check here for some ideas on how/why.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Okay, now I am able to see everything - I have Norton Internet Security 2004 which is different than the instructions given for Personal Firewall so it took me a while to figure out where I was going. I just don't understand why I had to go back through all that when I have never had to do that on any other site.

Comment

As it says on the page I referred you to:

We've had a big problem with bandwidth theft (people linking to our images on other sites). Since we don't have ads or sponsors, and that can be expensive, I had to take steps to stop it. I implemented a fairly typical security procedure that simply checks to see if you're on retouchpro.com or another site when you view an image. If you're on RetouchPRO it lets you see the images, but if you're not, it won't.

Some firewalls strip out the referrer information, so even if you're on RetouchPRO the site has no way of knowing this (since the information is stripped) so it assumes you're not.
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment