Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guinea pigs wanted

I'm testing a new Gallery manager

I'd appreciated it if you'd try out the various features and comment back here.

It's still a little ugly, but I think it has a lot of potential.
    Limits, functionality, username/password, all are the same as these forums.
    Last edited by Doug Nelson; 01-15-2002, 10:34 AM.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Doug,
    This is an awesome feature!. Wouldn't it be great if each challenge had it's own "Gallery"? (Were you doing that anyway?)
    Just love the feature. I didn't think it was that ugly.
    Vikki

Comment

Thanks. I've already spent about 12 hours on it, and it's still only about 25% of what I wanted so far, which is why I call it 'ugly'.

We'll see about the Challenges (and the Archives)
      Learn by teaching

Comment

Hey, that's not "ugly" that's convient. That would be a great way to post all the images on this site. Liked Vikki's idea of using that in the challenges because it would make them so much easier to access and compare. I would say 12 hours well spent. Just hope you feel that way.
        DJ

Comment

Great new feature Doug! Very cool!!

And since I'm not the one actually doing the work, I'd like to put in my vote for using it in the challenges as well.

Jeanie

P.S. I tried out the "Receive e-mail updates" feature and found that the sender was "[email protected]" rather than "RetouchPRO Forums Mailer" like the notices that come from the forums. You probably already know that, but thought I'd point it out just in case.

Comment

It's a different software package, unrelated to the forums (hence the hours of work).

Anyone have any ideas what to do with all the existing Challenges if we were to move over to this new system? Having them in two places, old/new, would be a drag. And before anyone suggests it, no they can't be merged.
            Learn by teaching

Comment

I came up with a blank page. Tried reloading it three times. Hope it's because you were working on it.

Ed

Comment

Can you let us know what exactly would have to be done to achieve the move over of the existing challenges? Maybe we could help do the move. I'm just not computer savvy enough to see the total task ahead.
                DJ

Comment

very cool indeed. I agree that the challenges would be great, if there's sny thing I can do to help just ask.

Ed,
                  did you try it in IE because I get a blank page in Netscape too but it works just fine in IE.

Comment

Doug, is this the same kind of software that the online photo albums use? I like it. You've done a great job on this forum.

Sharon

Comment

I don't know what you have planned with it, but it looks cool. I sent myself a photo and it came through perfect. Good stuff

Mig

Comment

When I saw the subject "guinea pig" I thought ohhh hey I have a hamster I am trying to get rid of maybe...... ha I really like the way that gallery is set up. I think the e-card idea is great too, and if anyone wants a hamster....

Comment

Ideas for the old stuff.
                          I have no idea what software you're working with, so this suggestion is for a work-a-round.
                          How about a gallery for each challenge, that includes all the entries, with a link to the individual discussions, under each image.

Comment

Sandra,

Thanks for the tip. I was trying on Netscape, with no luck. In fact, I just tried again with the same result. I'll try IE. Looks like Doug has a little more work to do.

Ed

Comment

Wow! That's *very* cool! I just don't know how Chris grows that stuff in his garden.

Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X