Forum Navigation Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Navigation Poll

This is purely for my own education. I'm curious how everyone approaches reading these forums.
    I just start at the top and read every forum, one by one, until done
    4.08%
    I use 'View New Posts' and read those
    69.39%
    I have a couple of forums I read, the rest I pretty much ignore
    14.29%
    I only read Challenge forums I've submitted to
    2.04%
    Other (specify, please)
    10.20%
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

I usually read all the new posts a couple of times a day. ... I'm afraid of missing out on something. hehe. But I often go back to spacific forums to re-read posts when I find I need some help on something. Most of the time my question has already been asked and answered.

Comment

I usually check in two or three times a day. I always use the "view new posts" unless I think there is something I missed.

Ed

Comment

I use view new posts at least a couple times a day. I really like the feature that sends you an Email if there has been a reply to a post you have participated in.

I usually then make my way to the gallery section (not the forum, but the picture gallery) and take a look there. Just to let you know, I am receiving email notifications of replies to gallery photo's that I have posted, but when I hit the link in my email browser it takes me to a blank retouchpro page. Not sure why thats happening. I am using netscape 4.7 for retrieving my email.

All and all I think the software and the web site setup is excellent Doug, and I know everyone appreciates your efforts in putting together a great site - Carl

Comment

I voted for other because recently I have been resorting to the link for "search posts for the last 24 hours". I mainly use this because search new posts isn't always acurate and I notice I miss things. If you bookmark this link you won't miss anything. http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sea...ction=getdaily
          I also have e-mails coming to any threads I post on but I also like to know what's new and that link is the most reliable.
          DJ

Comment

I guess I'm pretty normal in that I check the "view new posts" a couple times a day. Also use the "challenges" as reference on my own projects. These cover many of the problems I run into.

Bob

Comment

I, also, use the "New Posts" daily, and also use search to look up some specific methods when I have a problem image that I'm working on. I've looked at the Challenges, but someday, when I have lots of time, I want to really read through all of the responses to a Challenge and work on the image in as many different ways as I can to learn about different strategies. I do this to a limited degree now, when someone uses a technique that I haven't tried, but there are so many Challenge responses from before I joined that I haven't yet read thoroughly.

Comment

I normally just check the yellow ticks in the left margin and then see if there's something in that particular forum that looks interesting (very few unintersting ones I might add ) Probably should just be checking view new or DJ's getdaily.

I especially like the restoration challenges.

Comment

Thanks for the getdaily URL, DJ . I think I prefer it to view new.

Comment

You're welcome BigAl. It sure is more reliable.
                    DJ

Comment

I'm still curious about this, so I thought I'd bump it.
                      Learn by teaching
                      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I voted for "other" as well. I have the "getdaily" link bookmarked and check it several times a day.

There is so much good information every day, I'm always afraid I'll miss something if I don't keep checking.

I also don't want to miss questions posted by new users of photo-editing software - in trying to find answers to their problems, I learn a lot.

Also, checking in here several times a day is like dropping in on old friends - and that is probably the sites greatest value for me.

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends, Margaret

Comment

I usually check the new posts and then go from there depending on the time I have. Also, when I am working on something and hit the proverbial wall, I will search around for an answer. You guys haven't failed me yet!

Comment

I usually check the new posts and then go from there depending on the time I have. Also, when I am working on something and hit the proverbial wall, I will search around for an answer. You guys haven't failed me yet!

Comment

I have no Life. I check new posts every 30 minutes whether I'm at work or not. I Luv It!!

Cheers
                              Duv

Comment

Working...
                              X