Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content rating?

Doug,

I just put a "content block" on my internet options. Now I get an annoying pop up sign telling me that I can't access the site. But since I am the Administrator for the computer, I am able to type in a password for access. Problem is that I have to type it in for *every* page I visit. Checking the "make this site always available" does not seem to work. Is it possible for you to put a content rating on the site? It's really not a big deal for me, but I'm sure there are others with small kids who might have a problem with that.

Ed

I'd have no idea how to go about doing that, especially since the forum pages are dynamically created by software I don't even pretend to understand.

You might try turning off "browse using cookies" in your user preferences here. I don't normally recommend that, since it makes for ugly URLs that can be difficult to share. This won't affect the rest of the site, just the forums.

Also, all the content blockers I've seen had the provision for specifying exempt addresses. Try looking in your options or advanced options to see if that is available. The "make this site always available" might be bombing out because of the dynamic pages. See if it will allow you to use something like retouchpro.com* or retouchpro.com/*

Let me know how this works out.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Craig Walters
      Winimages
      by Craig Walters
      there is a post by one of the software engineers working at blackbeltsystems (the folks that make winimages) here: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1433

however, i cant seem to get into the site mentioned. the browser just basically sort of goes to sleep when trying....
      08-13-2005, 02:14 PM
    • chiquitita
      Doug: no spyware
      by chiquitita
      I am not talking about popups from spyware - I am talking about the norton popups that continually tell me I have the firewall disabled - I disable it to view this site - Norton pops up and has a check box to disable duplicate popups but it doesn't work for me and so it pops up over and over. The point...
      09-05-2005, 02:45 AM
    • clare
      Making my site more commercial
      by clare
      Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a more commercial version of my web site and was wondering whether anyone has any pointers that could be of use. You can find my current site via the link at the bottom of this post.

What do you love / hate about my current site?...
      01-01-2003, 10:41 AM
    • CJ Swartz
      Missing scroll bar?
      by CJ Swartz
      My scroll bar, normally on the right side of my window, has "disappeared" today when I visit RetouchPro sites. The scroll bar is in view on other websites, and works normally. In RetouchPro, I have to view in full-screen mode to have a scroll bar. (This is do-able, but restricts my access...
      08-31-2002, 09:17 PM
      Changing password on this site not secure
      by Guest
      I don't know if this has been brought up before yet changing my password for this site apparently is not secure i.e. not over https.

In this day and age of security breaches it seems that it would be appropriate that for both password changes and login process that this would be done...
      01-21-2018, 02:42 PM
    Working...
    X