Review section comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review section comments

A suggestion or two for the review section...

I think it would be very helpful, to both reviewer and reader, to have a standard format for reviews. I would like to know more about the reviewer (especially their familiarity with comparable software/hardware, etc.).

I'd also like to know what the environment was they used the software/hardware on (fast systems can make bloat-ware seem more usable). And most importantly, I'd like to know that date of the review and version of the software/hardware reviewed/tested.

What do you think?

I think you have some good suggestions.

Ed

Comment

Very good points. I guess I haven't given it much thought since lately I'm writing them all. I'll start adding more information.
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Yes Doug,and doing a darn good job of it also

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• paulette conlan
          Photoshop Cram Review
          by paulette conlan
          I came across this website on the Adobe site.Someone was asking if there was a site that would offer a type of college board review for Photoshop Certification. Anyway I think it's a very good refresher and resource of what PS offers. I never cease to be amazed at how complex the program is and how...
          01-27-2002, 06:39 PM
        • thomasgeorge
          Old Movie Plug in Review
          by thomasgeorge
          The name is deceiving--this plug in doesnot make old movies. What it does, and very well I might add, is to take a perfectly good photo and give it the look one associates with , well, an old movie frame--complete with dust, scratches, faded look, greasy smeared fingerprints and all the other stuff...
          09-27-2001, 09:29 AM
        • Doug Nelson
          Inpainting software
          by Doug Nelson
          More software that looks too intimidating to use, but boy do I like the results!

http://restoreinpaint.sourceforge.net/
          01-31-2006, 01:40 PM
        • Frank Lopes
          Stitching software
          by Frank Lopes
          This is by no means an exhaustive list of panorama stitching software packages.

It is instead, a list of software that I tried at one time or another, or have come in contact with by the recommendation of others.

The notes come from the publisher's websites and the prices...
          01-30-2008, 07:15 PM
        • rdowning
          vintage hardware and software question
          by rdowning
          Hi.
          I maintain a working SGI 4VGX workstation on which I run the Barco Creator application. We use it specifically for the warp function for which I know of no current software replacement.
          The problem is that this software's license references a chip which contains the system ID number...
          05-22-2008, 11:33 AM
        Working...
        X