This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetouchPRO video tour on YouTube

I made a brief site tour video for new visitors and posted it to youtube.com. It's not the slickest production ever, but hopefully it gets the basics across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUGSQ9IPqRk
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: RetouchPRO video tour on YouTube

Had a look, learnt something, Doug you dont sound like i expected, ( younger and i expected your accent to be stronger)

Palms

Comment

Why thank you! I'm also taller and better looking
      Learn by teaching

Comment

I made a bit prettier page for it, and added it to the dropdown menu.
        Learn by teaching

Comment

Your voice sounds like John Derry from the Corel Painter tutorial video from Lynda.com.

Comment

That's a relief. To me I sound like Wallace Shawn
            Learn by teaching

Comment

Doug..I'm in Love with....You r Voice..( Do not tell my hubby of 43 years ok) How gentle and clear. You did a very nice job, I know you won't believe this ..ah...but I learned a lot about the site even after being here for as long as I have. I usually just stay in the Restoration category so this gave me a chance to look at the other areas more. Very nice work... Neb

Comment

Wow, what can I say in response to that except thank you

I'm glad you found it useful.
                Learn by teaching

Comment

First time I've seen the ads, I don't get em on my browser (could be down to the multiplicity of protection systems I've got for looking round some of the seamy sites I visit) they don't seem too intrusive.

Nice tour Doug, took me a bit of time to download since I'm on dial-up, but I learned something. Didn't know you can get home page by clicking on logo.

Your voice makes my dog howl Doug.

Actually I don't know whether it's your voice in particular, I usually have the volume switched off, so I don't have to listen to all those annoying bleeps and noises that Windows makes, so it could just be that she's not used to sounds coming from my computer (other than the ones I make when things aren't going right).

Comment

First time I've seen the tutorials area, and I do like the layout (but not the floating menu ). What software are you using to run the tutorial side of the site?

Also it may be an idea to have people create video tutorials for photoshop, and post them. After all the screen recording software is free, or at least mine was
                    http://www.camstudio.org/

I had a bit of fun with my site, after seeing yours Doug. Don't think I will win any awards though, but had fun doing it
                    http://www.chrishoggy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/PH.wmv

Comment

The tutorial software is called NePHP, but I can't recommend it. Not that the software is bad, far from it (or I wouldn't have bought it). But the support is non-existent, as are upgrades. It's holding back the rest of the site, but I can't find a suitable replacement.

I'm all for people doing video tutorials. Our tutorial publishing system will accept the embed codes.
                      Learn by teaching

Comment

hmmm, I may have to look at the wiki style software instead, or work with the CMS they are running at the moment. It's for a school web project, where the kids can help build the school site from home. Adding projects, video, images and so on.

May be a link to http://www.camstudio.org/ will encourage people to try their hand at a video tutorials. It's a cracking little screen recorder, and once recorded, you can edit them in windows movie maker etc. I use it to give out scanning instructions etc to customers, as and when needed.

Comment

I cannot be the only person with this problem, but all RetouchPro videos on YouTube have no audio. All other links on YouTube do have audio, so it is not my equipment.

Comment

You may not be the only person with that problem, but you are the only one to ever mention it.
                            Learn by teaching

Comment

Working...
                            X